ODT#5

Friendly design and folding competitions.
tschobigami

ODT#5

Post by tschobigami »

Just for a better overview :)
tschobigami wrote:Anyway the participation dropped in the end (reffering to last odt) and malifold seems to be gone. So i would be interested in who of you would be willing to participate in a new odt (also the informal duels dropped a lot lately.) and what would you want to improve? I would organize another contest later this year, if there were some participants and any ideas how to reorganisate this tournament.in my opinion those design duels are very good, both for new designers and the more experienced. It is not about winning, because everyone who enters a design is a winner in my eyes. it is about having fun and learning. I for myself can say that i learned a lot through those designs i did here. but also more experienced folders can learn a lot and get motivated to design. And dont fear to participate even if you dont like your designs or dont have any at all, thats how i started one year ago and now i won...

So in short i want to know: what is your opinion about my thoughts, and my organizing another tournament like this, do you have any propositions and how many of you (you dont need to sign up, i would just like to have a quick overview) would be interested to participate later this year?
Swapnil Das wrote:That would be great! And I totally agree with what you said. The challenges are all about fun and learning. And everyone's a winner as long as they enter.

I'd love to participate for the ODT 5! Let's just hope my monitor doesn't get broken again at that moment... :3
greencube07 wrote:Maybe we should put this thing into a new topic,probably?('ODT#5'?)
Of course, I'm always willing to participate.. :)
GrossMichael

Re: ODT#5

Post by GrossMichael »

I'll participate too! :)
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

I'd love to participate, but it depends on the start date. Due to personal reasons I might not have access to the forums much this summer.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
myself

Post by myself »

After telling myself for a year that I'm not yet good enough at designing, I'd like to participate as well. It's a nice opportunity to improve my designing skills and to try something else than box-pleated insects.
origamifan11

Post by origamifan11 »

I'll participate, but similar to Baltorigamist, I may not be able to fold. Put me in for participation and when a date is certain i'll say if I can compete.
About to start start Ryujin (test-folding at the moment)
My Old Flickr
My New Flickr
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

I would like to join again aswell. Got beaten early last year...
loganorigami

Post by loganorigami »

Depending on the start date I may or may not be able to participate, I have exams now, as I'm sure a lot of others do too. That's maybe why there hasn't been much participation recently, I haven't been on the forum for ages, never mind folded anything. Hopefully that'll change when my exams finish in two weeks time.
"the first step towards failure is trying"

my flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/65884349@N03/
tschobigami

Post by tschobigami »

Thank you for your replys :) so up to now, we are 6-10 including me and a friend of mine, thats not bad, hopefully some others also are interested. If you dont have time at certain points, please tell me when exactly and i will try to let as many as possible participate (we will also have to see if and when the ioio will be.)
Edg

Post by Edg »

I'd like to participate, if there's still room. Should be the kick up the arse I need!
quiet marverick

Post by quiet marverick »

I'd like to paticipate too. :wink:
I think it would be good if it don't overlap with the internet olympiad. Or there is a interruption while the olympiad.

Allex
tschobigami

Post by tschobigami »

@edg
of course there's room. There's room for everyone, i will just have to see how i organize it depending on the exact number of participants. And the more participants the more fun i think ;)
@Alex
And another great designer :) nice to have you on board! yep that is what i tried to say with my poor english words before^^
Kyle2952

Post by Kyle2952 »

I will also participate.
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/89546245@N05
Comments welcome!!
quiet marverick

Post by quiet marverick »

tschobigami wrote:@Alex
yep that is what i tried to say with my poor english words before^^
oops I have to read attentive x)
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

If the start date is anywhere within three or four months, I won't be able to participate. I have to leave for personal reasons starting tomorrow, and I won't be back for several weeks.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
tschobigami

Post by tschobigami »

great, kyle :) looking forward to your new designs, we had a nice duel ;)

as the ioio2014 will be From 15/10/2014 to 15/11/2014 and balto will be missing until short before, we can do at most one round before the ioio. Do you have any opinions or should we just wait until balto returns? everyone who is interested can still participate by the way, dont hesitate, the more partivipants the more fun ;)