ODT#5

Friendly design and folding competitions.
tschobigami

Re: ODT#5

Post by tschobigami »

So at first a very big SORRY to all the other participants! I some kind of missjudged my situation before i started this round. I was away for two weeks with very little wifi, spare time and sleep. Right after that my new semester started, including some complicated personal issues and a lot of work, as i have to do a lot of choices right now... Anyway, enough talking about my situation, all i really wanted to say is sorry that i couldnt participate in this round and post in the last week.

So to the current situation of the odt:

I noticed, that there were 7 entries until now, missing ones are from greencube and me, which will most likely not come. There is a running poll on the myself/dj/qm-duell(well actually not a duell - how do you call it?^^) - thanks for that! if everyone is still interested in participating, there will be 6 participants in the next round. (you can still run votes if you would like to get feedback)

I suggest anyway doing a break for the ioio. This also might help to get some energy back into the odt for the last few rounds and we got some time do decide how to set them up.

Obvious possibilities for 6 persons would be:
two 3-way duells, one of each advances to the final
two 3-way duells, two of each advance to the semifinals, 1st from duell 1 against 2nd from duell 2 and 2nd from duell 1 against 1st from duell 2
or three normal duells and a final with three participants.

Note: all this are only suggestions, depending on the hope, that all of you want to continue.
What i now need from you is opinions from YOU on how this should continue: after the ioio? if yes, in which mode?
(and if there is any feedback towards how i handle all this and try to organize it, i guess this is the place to critisize me and tell me how i could improve the odt)

Stefan
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Option B sounds best for me. Since with option A, the tournament is over very quickly and with option C you end up with an odd number of participants for the final round.
quiet marverick

Post by quiet marverick »

Hey there :) As roodborst I would prefer option B. Sounds very good for me!
In my opinion we should take a break while the IOIO. I myself wouldn't find time for ODT in the next 30 days because there is so much other work to do and dates like the Lyon convention and another german convention.

I'm glad that I have designed two models only because of this ODT. Maybe it's a bit bad that some participants had to give up or have not answered but it's always what yourself is doing with it. It's a fun challenge and as there is no really price at the end the biggest profit is to learn and design new models.

So, thank you for organize it, Stefan.
And to all other participants. It's cool to see all your designs. There are so many different styles and I'm absolutely sure that everybody who take part have an improvement through it. Regardless of win or win not.

Have a good new week everybody! :wink:
tschobigami

Post by tschobigami »

Thank you both for your responses.

Vote between myself, djorigami, quiet marverick has ended. Djorigami won before quietmarverick and myself, so dj and qm advance to the next round.

This results in the following participants for the last few rounds:
Dj Origami, quiet marverick, roodborst, origamigeek, swapnil, japc

as 4 of you havent answered until now, i guess none of you has the opinion that we should start the next round soon. currently it looks like the next round will start after the olympiad with option b. if someone of you has any other ideas or opinions, please tell me :)
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

Sorry, Stefan. I was really busy with school and never realized this post was up... I think I should also go with b. Cause as Roodborst said, C will end up in odd numbered participants and A will end up with the tournament running out a bit too quick.

And as for my duel, I sent a mail to Greencube but he never replied... So can we start the poll?
We're all stories in the end.

My flickr Please visit and comment as much as you can!
Dj origami

Post by Dj origami »

So when is 3rd round starting?
tschobigami

Post by tschobigami »

i would have wished for origamigeek, japc and you to also give their opinion as you are very few anyway, but well. I guess holidays should be a good starting point, so why dont start as soon as possible with option b.

group 1: quiet marverick, roodborst, origamigeek
group 2: Dj Origami, swapnil, japc

i am very sorry, that this contest lost a lot of its energy, but as half of you didnt respond to my wish for feedback so i decided to just see if someone would want to finish.

please, first one post 3(!) topics, (qm, dj), second ones eliminate one topic (roodborst, swapnil) and third ones (origamigeek, japc) choose the final topic.
Round starts when everybody has replied (or before if someone doesnt respond^^ i will contact all of those which dont show a sign of life in the next days)
oh and if anyone has any objections, please tell me so
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiGeek »

Sorry for not being around for some days I was at my grand parrents house, they have no interned #-o
Check out my gallery and don't forget to leave a comment!
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

I'm still in. Waiting for QM too post topics
quiet marverick

Post by quiet marverick »

Oh I'm sorry I wasn't in the forum the past weeks. Let me think about topics few hours. I will post them today later.

Alex
tschobigami

Post by tschobigami »

looks like both challenges started - good job! deadline is three weeks as usual, two weeks would be to less imo.
So please get your entries in until sunday 25-1-2015!
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Ok 3 weeks is fine.
tschobigami

Post by tschobigami »

today's last day of the official deadline, but we only got 4 entries in. anything going to come from you, roodborst or dj?
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

I've folded something. Didn't have time to upload the picture yet.
Dj origami

Post by Dj origami »

I've been very busy... My design will be ready tomorrow.