Monthly Folding Challenge: September 2015

Friendly design and folding competitions.
dragon

Re: Monthly Folding Challenge: September 2015

Post by dragon »

This is the first time I've ever actually designed a model so any criticism is welcome. It's basically a bird base with the colour change strips grafted onto it.

Folded from one square of red backed with black kami paper, no cuts, no glue.
ImageBloodied Dagger by Dragon, on Flickr
ImageBloodied Dagger by Dragon, on Flickr
Edg

Post by Edg »

Although September's topic proved controversial, there where still some cool entries and it was tough to decide which I liked best. Both dagger designs where great, though Baltorigamists just "edged" ahead :roll: by looking genuinely dangerous. Also liked the idea behind " the human mind".
Septembers winner is Firstfold, however, for an innovative design with an effective use of back lighting... nice one!

Sadly, Foldtastic's model was not in contention as it was folded prior to the challenge, it's a cool fold. I think this model probably highlights the issues some forum members had with this topic (though I'm not trying to speak for anyone else, of course) in that, in the context of an origami interpretation of a very recognizable image it's very successful but in the context of the sad story of Sadako Sasaki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadako_Sasaki in the 70th anniversary year of the bombing of Hiroshima,for example, it becomes less palatable. Foldtastic, I hope you won't think I'm picking on you or trying to make you feel bad, that's not my intention at all. As previously stated, I've no issue with the topic but trying to understand other poeples point of view has given me much to think about this month.
Anyway, sorry for prattling on... congratulations Firstfold on a great model. You will be Octobers judge.
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

Congrats!
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr