ODT#6

Friendly design and folding competitions.
Baltorigamist

Re: ODT#6

Post by Baltorigamist »

Maybe it would be a good idea for us (the participants) to make a post when we start the poll for each round.
The poll for mine and Bodo's duel isn't up yet, but I thought I'd mention it so the voting is more successful.

And in relation to that, I was delayed for about a week and a half by a warped cutting mat (long story, but I'd mentioned it in the thread for my duel), and so I wasn't able to cut the square for my (very complex) design until nearly halfway through the month. Life got unexpectedly busy right after that, leaving me almost no time to work on my model.
Bodo and I agreed on a tentative deadline for me to finish, but is there any way I could get another week to finish my entry? If not, I understand, but I would hate to be forced to concede due to circumstances that were out of my control.
I don't want to hold everyone else back, though, so it's really up to the organizer (Greencube?).
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
greencube07

Post by greencube07 »

Baltorigamist wrote:Maybe it would be a good idea for us (the participants) to make a post when we start the poll for each round.
The poll for mine and Bodo's duel isn't up yet, but I thought I'd mention it so the voting is more successful.

And in relation to that, I was delayed for about a week and a half by a warped cutting mat (long story, but I'd mentioned it in the thread for my duel), and so I wasn't able to cut the square for my (very complex) design until nearly halfway through the month. Life got unexpectedly busy right after that, leaving me almost no time to work on my model.
Bodo and I agreed on a tentative deadline for me to finish, but is there any way I could get another week to finish my entry? If not, I understand, but I would hate to be forced to concede due to circumstances that were out of my control.
I don't want to hold everyone else back, though, so it's really up to the organizer (Greencube?).
I've been receiving some pm and saw several people wanting to have an extension on the deadline. As I said, I don't want anyone be bothered by that(and I already knew this kind of situation would occur.. :? ) I know there's has been some conventions going on and it was summer break for some of you guys, so I guess 8/31 would be unfair for the majority. I'm thinking of giving a month for more(9/30). Is this enough for all of you guys to finish the first round?
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

That should be enough, yeah. Thanks (assuming this is implemented). (:
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
zils

Post by zils »

The poll in the duell between tschobigami and me is active, you have one week to vote :)
http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13685
yagowe

Post by yagowe »

I'd be happy with the extra month. I really hated having to bow out due to time constraints.
yannbf

Post by yannbf »

I'd be happy with the extension. Life got REALLY busy as I got in to a new job and was working around 10 hours a day. I'm new to designing so it takes longer for me. I guess that it would be nice for origamiaddict too, that got back into the challenge already on the move.
quiet marverick

Post by quiet marverick »

The poll between JoeOrigami and me is also active now :D
http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13688
BM-origami-design

Post by BM-origami-design »

nathanzimet

Post by nathanzimet »

winner of the nathanzimet v.s. tankoda duel is tankoda!

it would help to organize the event if people post the winners of their duel on this thread, so the names for the following round are in one place.
Merlyngami

Post by Merlyngami »

Good idea. :)

The winner of the BM-origami-design vs Merlyngami duel was Merlyngami!
yagowe

Post by yagowe »

The winner of chesscuber98 vs yagowe was yagowe.
JoeOrigami

Post by JoeOrigami »

The winner of quietmarverick and JoeOrigami duel was JoeOrigami
I am a thirteen year old origami folder and designer.
My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/144893765@N07/
My Blogger: http://www.joeorigami.blogspot.co.nz
My Ello: https://ello.co/origamist
myself

Post by myself »

The winner of myself vs. sebl was sebl.
nathanzimet

Post by nathanzimet »

Original Duel Groups:
group 1: baltorigamist and bodo
group 2: quiet maverick and joeorigami
group 3: origamiaddict95 and yannbf
group 4: bm-origami-design and merlyngami
group 5: zils and tchobigami
group 6: chesscuber98 and yagowe
group 7: foonkyfeend and mr penguin
group 8: swapnil das and malifold
group 9: myself and -sebl-
group 10: nathanzimet and tankoda

Missing/Incomplete Duel Groups
group 1: [balto vs bodo] only bodo’s model submitted
group 3: [origamiaddict95 bs yannbf] needs poll, models complete
group 7: [foonky vs mr penguin] thread never created
group 8: [swapnil vs malifold] neither completed models

For the incomplete duel groups:

group 1: if balto resigns, bodo will move on. if he submits a model, it will poll as usual.
group 3: needs to put up their poll so we can vote
group 7: neither of them goes onto the next round
group 8: neither of them goes onto the next round

So so far, the list of winners to go on to the next round are (remember this is incomplete):
JoeOrigami
Merlyngami
zils
yagowe
sebl
tankoda

btw: so far the (incomplete) list of people for the second round is 6 people, so there can be 2 people in each duel as usual. If we hear from bodo or baltorigamist, and origamiaddict and yannbf poll, there will be 2 more people and the number will stay even. Not really important but worth mentioning maybe
greencube07

Post by greencube07 »

nathanzimet wrote:Original Duel Groups:
group 1: baltorigamist and bodo
group 2: quiet maverick and joeorigami
group 3: origamiaddict95 and yannbf
group 4: bm-origami-design and merlyngami
group 5: zils and tchobigami
group 6: chesscuber98 and yagowe
group 7: foonkyfeend and mr penguin
group 8: swapnil das and malifold
group 9: myself and -sebl-
group 10: nathanzimet and tankoda

Missing/Incomplete Duel Groups
group 1: [balto vs bodo] only bodo’s model submitted
group 3: [origamiaddict95 bs yannbf] needs poll, models complete
group 7: [foonky vs mr penguin] thread never created
group 8: [swapnil vs malifold] neither completed models

For the incomplete duel groups:

group 1: if balto resigns, bodo will move on. if he submits a model, it will poll as usual.
group 3: needs to put up their poll so we can vote
group 7: neither of them goes onto the next round
group 8: neither of them goes onto the next round

So so far, the list of winners to go on to the next round are (remember this is incomplete):
JoeOrigami
Merlyngami
zils
yagowe
sebl
tankoda

btw: so far the (incomplete) list of people for the second round is 6 people, so there can be 2 people in each duel as usual. If we hear from bodo or baltorigamist, and origamiaddict and yannbf poll, there will be 2 more people and the number will stay even. Not really important but worth mentioning maybe
Sorry for the late update(I was not accessible to the Internet for some time beings..:()
And I really thank nathanzimet for uploading the stats!... So, yes, it has passed about two months for the round 1.. and still missing groups exist.. Well, before I make any announce about the new round, I would like to thank you all the round 1 participants and it was all great models! And many congrats to the winners and wish you guys good luck on the next round.
Anyway, about the missing groups, I think giving more time to the missing groups would take this ODT a whole year to go on,which would make all the round 2 participants waiting..so I think for group 1, bodo should be the winner since balto has not uploaded his model to the duel page. And for group 7 and group 8, neither of them should go onto the next round since they did not complete during even with the extended period of competition. For group 3, I am resigning for that round since I only participated since one of the participant did not reply for almost a month but came back after that. But the thing is that origamiaddict95 posted the model at the last minute(9/30), so I would like to ask you, the participants inculding origamiaddict95, whether the group 3 should have about 1 week for the voting. Is that ok with you guys?