ODT#6

Friendly design and folding competitions.
yagowe

Re: ODT#6

Post by yagowe »

The person listed first in each pairing proposes the 3 potential themes, and the second person chooses, is that correct?
Merlyngami

Post by Merlyngami »

yagowe wrote:The person listed first in each pairing proposes the 3 potential themes, and the second person chooses, is that correct?
I had thought it was just whoever sees their pair and makes the topic first was the one who chose the 3, but I could be wrong.
yagowe

Post by yagowe »

The rules for ODT 5 specified it the way I said, but it wasn't really stated this time around so I just want to be clear.
myself

Post by myself »

I'm a bit confused, with whom do I start a duel? Greencube or sebl?
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Since Greencube in the first post of this topic counted himself in and agreed to the listing as proposed, I'd say Greencube. But that's just my opinion.
Merlyngami

Post by Merlyngami »

So does that mean sebl should be in with the duel with me and bm origami design?(like it says on the first list of pairings)
greencube07

Post by greencube07 »

Sorry for all the confusion. Let's get this straight.
I first counted 20 people since I thought the organizer is not supposed to participate in the tournament. And of course, if it's allowed, I would love to participate in the tournament. However, as some of you guys said, that would make the team of three people disadvantaged. So I think stepping back myself and not participating would be better for no further confusion.

So the groups will be like below.

group 1: baltorigamist and bodo
group 2: quiet maverick and joeorigami
group 3: origamiaddict95 and yannbf
group 4: bm-origami-design and merlyngami
group 5: zils and tchobigami
group 6: chesscuber98 and yagowe
group 7: foonkyfeend and mr penguin
group 8: swapnil das and malifold
group 9: myself and -sebl-
group 10: nathanzimet and tankoda

nathanzimet wrote: we have one week (until 7/27) to start these duels. We then have to be done designing, have put up the poll, and have the poll results in all before 8/31.

so in theory we have up to a month to design the model, but it would be better if it was closer to 3-4 weeks, leaving more time for polling.
I didn't suggest specific time for the designing period and poll period since I wanted you guys to choose. In this way, I wanted you guys to talk between the comepetitors about the time they need on each period. As I've seen in the past ODTs, giving more time on poll didn't really resulted in a effective poll(not so much changed after one or two weeks.) and giving more time on designing made people not uploading on time(which made the tournament go slow)
I suggest exactly one month for the whole process so that each of guys could choose freely on that within the limited period.
yagowe wrote:The rules for ODT 5 specified it the way I said, but it wasn't really stated this time around so I just want to be clear.
Again, I'm suggesting you guys to choose on this one, too.
yagowe wrote:The person listed first in each pairing proposes the 3 potential themes, and the second person chooses, is that correct?
This was for the ODT 5, and I thought this would be quite much unfair for the second person on each groups.
This is a competetition but also is happening on Forum. Many of you guys aren't familiar with each others so I gave the first week freely on that(~7/27) so that you guys could talk a bit(in this Topic or on personal messages). All participatants are allowed to choose the rules based on mutual agreement within their group.(And of course, there are people who didn't talk but just uploaded the topic as based on ODT5 rules already, but I guess that's fine because the other competitor didn't raise opposition on one's action.)
yannbf

Post by yannbf »

I have been accessing this forum waiting for the origamiaddict95 but I don't know if I'm supposed to propose or he is.

Either way, origamiaddict95, why don't we make proposals together?
I would propose:
- Hybrids: Anything that is a result of a cross-breeding between anything you'd want, such as half fish/bird, half mammal/reptile, half man/car lol.
- Anything related to any of the last oscar nominated movies: http://oscar.go.com/nominees
- One of the "creatures universe" characters, like Pokémon, Digimon, Monster Hunter and so.
greencube07

Post by greencube07 »

yannbf wrote:I have been accessing this forum waiting for the origamiaddict95 but I don't know if I'm supposed to propose or he is.
Send him a pm so that he can notice the start of the ODT first round. I checked the visit log but he hasn't been visiting since the end of June.
greencube07

Post by greencube07 »

One week was given for the participants to see the main post on ODT#6 topic and be ready for the duel, and the official ODT round 1 starts today and still one team has not been able to start the duel(Group:origamiaddict95 vs yannbf).origamiaddict95 has not been logging in to the Forum sine the June 23rd and even though yannbf has opened the Topic, no replies has been made yet. ODT is a big opportunity for all designers for that they can have challenges with other designers with selected topics, and that's why I re-opened the ODT after the long period of break term between ODT 5 and ODT 6. However, with limited time until the round 1 ends, complying with the rules and the time is important in respect to the participants(delaying it should not be made.) If origamiaddict95 keeps on not accessing the Forum, then the time for yannbf(and origamiaddict95) to design and have poll will be greatly reduced, giving both disadvatages on that. So, after some time of consideration, I suggest that it would be proper for me myself selecting the given topic(to fold) and participating instead of origamiaddict95 so that yannbf can start designing. But of course, this is highly important matter so I want to hear opinions from the participants(and of course, yannbf too.)
Merlyngami

Post by Merlyngami »

I don't see any problem with that :)
yannbf

Post by yannbf »

greencube07 wrote:One week was given for the participants to see the main post on ODT#6 topic and be ready for the duel, and the official ODT round 1 starts today and still one team has not been able to start the duel(Group:origamiaddict95 vs yannbf).origamiaddict95 has not been logging in to the Forum sine the June 23rd and even though yannbf has opened the Topic, no replies has been made yet. ODT is a big opportunity for all designers for that they can have challenges with other designers with selected topics, and that's why I re-opened the ODT after the long period of break term between ODT 5 and ODT 6. However, with limited time until the round 1 ends, complying with the rules and the time is important in respect to the participants(delaying it should not be made.) If origamiaddict95 keeps on not accessing the Forum, then the time for yannbf(and origamiaddict95) to design and have poll will be greatly reduced, giving both disadvatages on that. So, after some time of consideration, I suggest that it would be proper for me myself selecting the given topic(to fold) and participating instead of origamiaddict95 so that yannbf can start designing. But of course, this is highly important matter so I want to hear opinions from the participants(and of course, yannbf too.)
I wouldn't see a problem on that. I wish origamiaddict95 could participate.. but perhaps he is in a busy moment these days. If by any chance he shows up, we could then make a competition of three designers.

Then I shall accept your challenge!
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

don't forget that it is summer and vacation time even for origamists ...
if you're going to visit my little flickr_gallery, please leave a comment - a critical one is welcome, too, if necessary: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57625237@N02/
myself

Post by myself »

I also haven't had a reply yet. I just sent -sebl- a PM. He hasn't been online since June 8th, so he's probably on a vacation.
-sebl-

Post by -sebl- »

Sorry for the late ! It's now ok