ODT #6 Round 1: origamiaddict95 vs yannbf

Friendly design and folding competitions.

Poll ended at October 13th, 2016, 4:18 pm

yannbf
82%
origamiaddict95
18%

Total votes: 11

yannbf

Post by yannbf »

Hey origamiaddict95, I've been waiting a bit to see if you would show up with the topic but as it's been a week, I created it myself.

I will propose a few themes, but if you like to change, we can get into a consensus.

- Hybrids: Anything that is a result of a cross-breeding between anything you'd want, such as half fish/bird, half mammal/reptile, half man/car lol.
- Anything related to any of the last oscar nominated movies: http://oscar.go.com/nominees
- One of the "creatures universe" characters, like Pokémon, Digimon, Monster Hunter and so.

It's nice to duel with you.
May the odd be in our favor!
greencube07

Re: ODT #6 Round 1: origamiaddict95 vs yannbf

Post by greencube07 »

I choose 'One of the "creatures universe"'characters! Good luck :D
yannbf

Post by yannbf »

I've been busy but I will start planning it!
So when would we run the poll? On the last week of this month?
greencube07

Post by greencube07 »

yannbf wrote:I've been busy but I will start planning it!
So when would we run the poll? On the last week of this month?
Yeah, sure. I'll post the poll on the last week of this month. Good luck on your design! :)
greencube07

Post by greencube07 »

Here's my Entry! : Greymon(Head)

ImageGreymon by Hyun Seok Kang, Flickr에서

Can't wait to see yours :)
origamiaddict95

Post by origamiaddict95 »

HI!! I am so sorrryy I was busy with University and had just decided to see this forum and saw this! I think I can deal with these topics as stated. All the best!
origamiaddict95

yannbf wrote:Hey origamiaddict95, I've been waiting a bit to see if you would show up with the topic but as it's been a week, I created it myself.

I will propose a few themes, but if you like to change, we can get into a consensus.

- Hybrids: Anything that is a result of a cross-breeding between anything you'd want, such as half fish/bird, half mammal/reptile, half man/car lol.
- Anything related to any of the last oscar nominated movies: http://oscar.go.com/nominees
- One of the "creatures universe" characters, like Pokémon, Digimon, Monster Hunter and so.
?

By creature universe, does that mean creatures in cartoons and etc?
greencube07

Post by greencube07 »

origamiaddict95 wrote:
yannbf wrote:Hey origamiaddict95, I've been waiting a bit to see if you would show up with the topic but as it's been a week, I created it myself.

?

By creature universe, does that mean creatures in cartoons and etc?
Good to see you back! :)
For that question, I'm not certainly sure but I guess what he's trying to say is 'a world of creatures' like 'final fantasy'
yannbf

Post by yannbf »

Woah that's amazing, greencube! I'm still struggling with mine, but hopefully I'll get it done in time.

Glad to see you are still in time, origamiaddict! Yes, I mean any creature from any anime, movie or else.
origamiaddict95

yannbf wrote:Woah that's amazing, greencube! I'm still struggling with mine, but hopefully I'll get it done in time.

Glad to see you are still in time, origamiaddict! Yes, I mean any creature from any anime, movie or else.

Hope i can make it on time in designing!! ALL the best!
You may email me at origamiaddict95 AT gmail DOT com if you see me not replying!
Last edited by origami_8 on August 22nd, 2016, 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Replaced @ with AT and . with DOT to avoid Spam mails to the users mail address.
yannbf

Post by yannbf »

Hey, I know you guys have nothing to do with it.. but life's been crazily busy. I started a new job and that got really demanding. I tried designing it but i takes me a lot more as I don't have much experience. I would be glad if we could get an extension(as we are already on the 27th) and I think origamiaddict would be happy too so he wouldn't need to rush.

But if you personally think it is better to keep the actual deadline, let's keep it.
origamiaddict95

yannbf wrote:Hey, I know you guys have nothing to do with it.. but life's been crazily busy. I started a new job and that got really demanding. I tried designing it but i takes me a lot more as I don't have much experience. I would be glad if we could get an extension(as we are already on the 27th) and I think origamiaddict would be happy too so he wouldn't need to rush.

But if you personally think it is better to keep the actual deadline, let's keep it.

Hahaha @yannbf i understand and i saw this a little toolate. Lets extend this to next month . Is that alrigh
yannbf

Post by yannbf »

So I've got my model in alpha at the moment. I'm kind of happy with the result, but it need lots of improvement still.
origamiaddict95

yannbf wrote:So I've got my model in alpha at the moment. I'm kind of happy with the result, but it need lots of improvement still.
I am stil deciding of what model at the moment! Cant wait to see yours though hahaha
yannbf

Post by yannbf »

I'm gonna leave my alpha version in case I get busy.

Charmander. It has a 3D head, a tail and a little fire too :)