Horizon Zero Dawn Challenge

Friendly design and folding competitions.

Choose who shaped sloset to the "real" thing:

Poll ended at July 10th, 2017, 8:15 pm

Matheus Mephysto Muniz (red background)
88%
Andrew Hudson (yellow background)
13%

Total votes: 8

Kafar
Forum Sensei

Horizon Zero Dawn Challenge

Post by Kafar »

I invite everyone to participate in a challenge, the task is to fold the cp and shape it at their own discretion. Here is an example picture of the in-game look of the creature.
The challenge ends July 1st. The winner will be chosen by voting at origami forum - in this topic. Voting last from 1st to 7th of July and the winner will receive a cp of my unpublished model or maybe a photodiagram of my design.

Please submit your works here on forum or link them as a comment on my flickr
Best luck to everyone !!

and here's Crease Pattern for Tallneck from the ps4 game 'Horizon Zero Dawn' designed by me.
Last edited by Kafar on July 3rd, 2017, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn Challenge

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

I'm willing to fold this if you fold one of the crease patterns on my gallery...
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

NeverCeaseToCrease wrote:I'm willing to fold this if you fold one of the crease patterns on my gallery...

Calling your bluff using the most annoying paper imaginable, from the "Christmas Origami" kit by Katherine Gleason et al. Not only is it terrible paper to fold with, also I couldn't actually see my precreases because of the pattern. I had to correct a couple lines, but hey, you can't see them either! Turns out when I have a couple beers, I'm both too lazy to walk to the other room to find some decent paper, but also too masochistic not to do dumb things for the sake of internet strangers.

I've paid the asking price of a fold of one of your CPs. Let's see your fold of Karol's model... Here's mine:

ImageTall Neck by Karol Kafarski by origami_madness, on Flickr
yannbf

Post by yannbf »

Hey Karol,

A friend of mine, Matheus Mephysto, made this incredible rendition of your model (and posted it on facebook on the 30th of last month):

Unfortunately he was having some internet issues and asked me to post here for him, as he doesn't have an account in this forum. Problem was I wasn't home so I ended up posting here late :(

Thus I kindly ask you to consider this entry if possible! He's been working on improving it for a while, and only got satisfied yesterday. He deserves this entry :D
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

[quote="ahudson"]
I've paid the asking price of a fold of one of your CPs. Let's see your fold of Karol's model.../quote]

Seriously? "Do dumb things for the sake of internet strangers?" "Calling your bluff?" :(
I did, in fact, fold the tallneck. I know it's late and even beyond the voting dates, but I'll still post it here to show you that I don't bluff. Here is a picture:

Furthermore, I didn't think that anybody would actually fold any of my cps. I'm glad it worked and was clear enough for you, so in return, I folded the Atlas cp from your flickr. I also added some hair and ears, although it ended up making him really short and wide with pretty much no neck.
It's finaly done wet folding, AT LASt! :lol:
Kafar
Forum Sensei

Post by Kafar »

The winner is:

Matheus Mephysto Muniz

Congratulations to all the participants, it was nice to see these few folds of my model.

Matheus can you send me your e-mail address in a private message :D