Design challenge: human figures

Friendly design and folding competitions.
MotherOfThree

Design challenge: human figures

Post by MotherOfThree »

I searched this forum for a topic like this but found nothing.
Since I really like origami models of human figures, I recently designed two of them.

Gentleman, designed by MotherOfThree

Lady, designed by MotherOfThree

So I thought to myself, why don't make a design challenge about human figures in origami? I would really like to see what you can design! Every design technique is allowed: box pleating, hex pleating or any other polygon packing method, 22.5, tilted grids, and whatever you can imagine. The only rule I make is the common "one square sheet, no cuts and no glue except MC"-stuff, but if you really need to, you can ignore that, too.
I really look forward to your entries!
And by the way, this challenge is purely for fun, so we are not looking for a winner, but only for good models. Furthermore, there is no deadline for your entries.
Let's see what you can do!
origami_8
Administrator

Re: Design challenge: human figures

Post by origami_8 »

Has the model to be new? I've got quite a few models that would fit the theme.
MotherOfThree

Post by MotherOfThree »

Well, the model doesn't need to be new, but it would be more interesting if it was unpublished before.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

Well, I have two that would count that I've made from a while ago: a person being eaten by a squid, and Pikmin which are human-like plants from the Pikmin game series. Both models are in my gallery http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14078

I'll be designing more soon, though