Monthly Folding Challenge - July 2007

Friendly design and folding competitions.
Finward

Post by Finward »

This guy can be accepted as a "dungeons and dragons" like monster? Its not a grasshopper, its not a praying mantis. Its a metallic insect, a monster borned from my drawings.
Using a modified frog base, with many details in box pleating. Im still designing a variation of it, but the month will end before i finish it, so, i'll show him later, in another place.
Fishgoth

Post by Fishgoth »

The results from Sunburst!
1) Cupcake's Spider Eater
2) Finward's Kukulcan
3) Kaimon's Centaur

As for august's subject, I call it : Transformers Unleashed! Basically, you can do anything you like, be it simple or complex, for as long as that model can transform into something else (which would require at least two pictures for each entries.) It would also be preferable if the two forms were related to each other and if the tranforming step didn't require to unfold a big portion of the model. Since there is only two models I can think of for references (Valerie Vann's Rose Cube and the VF1), this could become an interesting challenge. I just hope that my idea isn't too complicated...
Congrats to Cupcake - can you PM me?
I once set up an origami PLC. But the business folded.
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

What the....? It's still July!!! (in california, at least)

So unless I misread the rules.... I can still post? I don't see any time guideline, other than the month of july....

Flying Valkyrie

Designed and folded by Me; 8.5 inch printer paper.