Monthly Folding Challenge- October 2008

Friendly design and folding competitions.
Jank

Post by Jank »

whoa!!!!!!!!!!! nice naga! after the contest could you show me a crease pattern?
Jurugami
Visionary

Post by Visionary »

Considering I'm too much of a newbie to make my own designs and have no experience whatsoever with diagramming, I cannot participate in the christmas book, but I'd really love to see the naga and/or mermaid being diagrammed for it and the diagrams published afterwards. I don't mind waiting a few months for diagrams of such beautiful models, but I'd hate to see them lost in the designer's backyard without any diagrams or at least a CP.

Just my $0.02 for hopefully providing some motivation ;)
Diopside

Post by Diopside »

I like adams chen's young wyrm, i wish i had made a good dragon before.
I always ended up with kamiya's ancient dragon a thick bundle of paper :D
Mars

Post by Mars »

Well this is the last day of the Challenge!
I have liked every model, and so I think the judge will have a hard time choosing the 1st place winner! :lol:
Strangely though, this month feels like the longest month! :D
Keep on trying, it will work.
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Wow-this was a very hard challenge to judge. There were a lot of entries, and a lot of really good ones, too. I had a very tough time narrowing down a winner-I would like to choose 5 :lol:

Before I bore everyone to death, here are the winners:

In third place, the Nymphs by Nathan.
This design was so elegant and beautiful (and wonderfully photographed). The arms are perhaps a little short, but there is a variety of detail and good folding.

In second place, the Larva Wyrm by adams chen.
Great folding and detail. I love the head on this design, but the back legs look very slightly awkward and the model looks a little boxy overall. A very well done design nevertheless.

In first place, the Mermaid by Sunburst.
The Naga and Mermaid are both just excellent. The shape of the body and proportions on them are so natural looking. They are folded from tissue foil (correct me if I'm wrong), but there are really no wrinkles and the shaping is expertly done. Both the Naga and the Mermaid convey a mood very well, especially the Mermaid. The photography and backdrop were subpar, especially for the Naga, but the models were still very good. Well done!

Again, congratulations to everyone who participated-there were some truly great designs outside of the winners, and I encourage everyone who participated (and those who didn't) to take part in next month's challenge. Speaking of which...

The next month's challenge will be video games. Check the topic for more details.
anermak
Buddha

Post by anermak »

congratulations to everyone :wink:
I hope in the next time I will have more luck :roll:
OrigamiGianluca

Post by OrigamiGianluca »

Really agree with the three nominations.
I'd have choosen the Mermaid too. It is awsome!

Compliments to all the other!
www.origamigianluca.com --> Fold with me...

Looking for some diagramming tips? Click HERE!
Finward

Post by Finward »

Perfect judgment. I loved the mermaid, I hope CP is published soon
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Me too-I want to know how to fold those boobs!
CatEater

Post by CatEater »

OOOO:O you said boobys
:o
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Wow, this month's challenge was one of the best I've seen in a while! There was a lot of great model and I have to admit, my favorite one was the headless horseman (so funny :wink: ).

Also, with all the positive feedback I received for both of my models(many thanks everyone), I guess I have no choice but to publish their CPs (diagrams being almost impossible). What I had in mind was to release them in the Christmas book. I have them hand drawn already, I just need to find a good program to draw them on my computer.