Monthly Folding Challenge - May 2010

Friendly design and folding competitions.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Fishgoth, that Orangutan is brilliant! And what's more, it really reminds me of the Goron from The Legend of Zelda. :)

Will you release a CP of it?
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

just designed a gorilla.
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

baby ring tailed lemur
URL]
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

gorilla by me
:D
Cherbert

Post by Cherbert »

my moddel is a monkey jumping on the bed he fell of and bummped his head first came ths docter then came ths nurse then came the ladey whith the aligator purse
http://yfrog.com/2oimg0034wgj http://img375.imageshack.us/i/img0035g.jpg/
pic dont do justis!
dont follow the trend it might tell you that boys were beakenes then your in trouble
juston

Post by juston »

Whew... almost missed this month's competition. Here's my gorilla...

Once again, forgive my terrible photos... I didn't realize how hard it was to photograph something solid black and tiny.
The world's worst photographer now has a flickr account... enjoy!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_real_juston/
Adam

Post by Adam »

That's an amazing Gorilla. The face looks perfect, as do all the proportions. Great job.
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

excellent gorilla!! :D
anermak
Buddha

Post by anermak »

Congratulations to everyone who participated. All of the entries are great, and everyone who submitted should be proud of their work. In this competition have seen many wonderful works. Most of them deserve to be winners. But unfortunately the winner can be only one. And the choice that I have to do - really complicated, especially when choosing a winner among the three absolutely incredible job, performed in different styles. Do not judge strictly my humble opinion.

So, and the winners are...

In 3rd place, xeroje

Again, this is absolutely incredible job. I like in it all - detail, form, execution, perhaps not very high quality picture. Sorry, in any case, it is only the third place. :?

In 2nd place Fishgoth

Amazing work!!!!. Very great idea and clean fold looks very beautiful. I very like 3-D shape on belly and until the last moment I thought that you win, but unfortunately at the last moment was published work, which liked me more, sorry...

and a WINNER's.......

juston
I have no words, it very elegant and beautiful model. Very high quality build and form of body, which I think was little better than on the rest participants. My congratulations!!!
!!!!!!!! :)

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
ImageImageImage

The challenge for June is ''Dinosaurs'', of which juston will be invited to judge at the end of June and creator to the July challenge.
Enjoy!
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

my congratulation to the winners! the last-minute-gorilla would have been my favourite, too, if it were on me to judge ...
i think the rest of us may-primate-folders could be proud of an idea and the courage to publish.
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

congratulations to the winners! :D
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Juston, your gorilla is incredible! Congratulations on your win and your fantastic design! I think I speak for us all when I say...ME WANT DIAGRAMS!
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

yup, definatly!! :D
juston

Post by juston »

Thank you, Andrey... it's an honor being named the winner by a folder as accomplished as you.

And thanks for the kind words Adam, joshuaorigami, grizzly man and Jonnycakes. I'll definitely post a CP on my Flickr account if there seems to be enough interest in that sort of thing.

And I'll try my hand at diagramming this guy... but no promises as I'm pretty terrible at it. Who knows, since I'm disqualified from the next two challenges, maybe I can use the time I would have spent on creating something new on diagramming my older stuff.
The world's worst photographer now has a flickr account... enjoy!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_real_juston/