Monthly Folding Challenge - June 2010

Friendly design and folding competitions.
darkeagle

Post by darkeagle »

My contribution

Pliosaur designed and folded by me

By hebello at 2010-06-19
Last edited by darkeagle on June 21st, 2010, 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HopefulFolds

Post by HopefulFolds »

This is my first version of Velociraptor. I still need to make revisions, like making a jaw and longer forearms. I'll put up a final one later this week.

Razzmatazz
Forum Sensei

Post by Razzmatazz »

Just crafted up a little trianglasaurus (my type of dinosaur; it doesn't exist :) ) from a not so evenly cut square of print paper. I don't really like dinosaurs that much but might aswell enter a model in this contest as it is the month of my birthday.

Simplicity ftw!

and the water breed of my dinosaur :D

adams chen

Post by adams chen »

Long time to join your challenge.

Feathered raptor - 1 uncut square paper (box pleating 16):

Virgo Shaka
Omelette

Post by Omelette »

I designed a baby Mosasaur. It was supposed to be full grown at first but the proportions suggest a smaller, cuter version.

My lighting needs work. . .
Origamist388

Post by Origamist388 »

adams chen wrote:Feathered raptor - 1 uncut square paper (box pleating 16)
That thing is terrifying,my friend :shock:
Art is about creation. It is about self-expression. It is giving form to something within you.
-Joseph Wu
HopefulFolds

Post by HopefulFolds »

Done with the raptor!

I doesn't stand correctly by itself, so I used a paper clip.

Fishgoth

Post by Fishgoth »

Oviraptor. I wanted to include at least one feathered dino in my entries for this month. Oviraptor is frequently pictured with a large tail plume. Using colour changes, I wanted to give the impression of a brightly coloured tail display, and some arm plumage, too. I also wanted to create a beaky face, with Oviraptor's distinctive head-crest. The model is folded from a 40cm foil-backed tissue square, based on a 20x20 grid.

I once set up an origami PLC. But the business folded.
dinogami

Post by dinogami »

Fishgoth wrote: Oviraptor is frequently pictured with a large tail plume.
In case anyone is interested, that's because a least one oviraptorosaur, Caudipteryx, actually has a tail plume preserved (as do a few other, non-oviraptorosaurian theropods) -- see here for one of the better preserved specimens and here for a pretty good restoration of the living animal.

I really like this Oviraptor model -- it's extremely attractive! Congratulations![/url]
adams chen

Post by adams chen »

Velociraptor: :roll:

Virgo Shaka
Origamist388

Post by Origamist388 »

Even creepier :shock:
Art is about creation. It is about self-expression. It is giving form to something within you.
-Joseph Wu
HopefulFolds

Post by HopefulFolds »

Wow!! Amazing sculpting!
Metangas

Post by Metangas »

The FIRST velociraptor was quite good. It was good, but not expertly folded (not to criticize you).

THIS on the other hand, is plainly and simply amazing. You can recognise it in an instant! :)
Donya

Post by Donya »

Wow! This month has been a good one to watch indeed. I love that Velociraptor's arms. :D

I took the opportunity to flesh out my simple dinosaur list a bit more, the topic being one of my favorites and this thread being very inspirational. I hope this doesn't come accross as spamming. :oops: If it does, I apologize and will remove some pictures if wanted.

Iguanadon, from a modified version of the Parasaurolophus's base, since I realized I could get a color-changed thumb spike from some otherwise excess paper:

T. rex going "raaaarrrrr," very much inspired by the pose of Jared's wonderful Eoraptor:

Plesiosaurus:

And finally a rather abstract Ankylosaur:

The abstract Ankylosaur is a much simplified version of an older design of mine that has a bunch more segments to on the back and looked more realistic, but I was unhappy with the more complicated pattern since I couldn't get a reasonable fold of it without tissue foil (I don't think I've ever posted it because of that).

All are from 10cm squares again. Sorry for the dark photos - my home is a lot like a cave right now (the AC is broken, so I have to keep the lights off to be cool) and it has been too wet outside to use sunlight. I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to redo them before June runs out. Diagrams are mostly finished and will be up soon.
adams chen

Post by adams chen »

I had a ankylosaur model but not for joining this month contest, just for folding dinosaurs. Box pleating 16 grids...

Virgo Shaka