"Origami Internet-Olympiad 2011"
Posted: February 14th, 2011, 9:18 am
Origami Internet Competition ...
From 01/06/2011 to 30/06/2011 (+ three weeks for results) the Open International Origami Olympiad will be conducted in the internet, which in this year will be dedicated to the memory of the great origami master Eric Joisel.
All participants should send an application to the following address (origami2011olympiad(at=”@”)gmail(dot=”.”)com).
The application should contain the following text: I (name surname), origamist from (country) want to take part in the International Origami Internet-Olympiad 2011
Requirements for participants:
1) Every origamist have the opportunity to take part in the Olympiad, it’s open competition. The request should be send not later then 31.05.2011.
Photos of final results of tasks should be send not later then 30.06.2011 quality within 480х480 - 1500х1500.
2) The Olympics round includes tentatively 10 tasks: 4 diagrams of various levels of difficulty (from easy to complex), 4 patterns, tessellation and own work. For each model indicates the maximum score (in points).
These jobs are ONLY FOR PERSONAL USAGE and may not be distributed in the network (as well as published in some other way).
3) Each participant gets a task with further instructions during one day after Olympiad starts on specified in the application e-mail. Winners are determined (in three weeks after deadline) by a competent jury.
Design of results:
1. Any type of paper can be used.
2. Allowed to paint and glue model, if it would not prevent identification of all elements of the model, as well as pre-creased lines that define the assembly process. This paragraph does not extend on the author's “own work”.
3. In the competition should be used only photos which were never published before.
4. Each model should be photographed (at least!) from three angles, to clearly display all the details. Photos with low quality will not be considered.
5. Main images should be the minimum redacted by any programs. Full usage of such programs is allowed only for composite images.
6. Before the end of Olympics participants should not upload photos of entries in the Internet.
It is not commercial project so the prizes are: tasks that you will receive for free and world-wide respect ....
Refereeing: the judge of the first Olympiad will be recruited from among the judges of the Russian origami forum, because they have experience in assessing such competition (4 All-Russian Olympiads). Thereafter, in the next competitions, refereeing can be updated from among the winners, as they choice in the next year.
Authors who wish to participate in this event, need send on (origami2011olympiad(at)gmail(dot)com) your diagrams, CP or photo-diagrams until the 30.04.2011... If your diagram will pass the selection, it will be added to the task competitions. All authors who have sent their diagrams will receive a copy tasks of competitions at your e-mail.
The quality of the diagrams, CP and photo-diagram is not important, because all diagrams would be tested and redraw in the common style. This is a great opportunity not only to obtain high-quality tested diagrams of their models, but also to see how the participants of the Olympiad will fold your work.