Monthly folding challenge: May 2011

Friendly design and folding competitions.
firstfold
Forum Sensei

Re: Monthly folding challenge: May 2011

Post by firstfold »

I can hear all the groans now !

This is an homage to Senor Wences (a famous pupateer of the 1950s and 60s)

Doc
Charles "Doc" Santee
Flicker: https://www.flickr.com/photos/firstfold/
See action origami on Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/user/firstfold
snowblue

Post by snowblue »

this month's winner is sebl

very good work ,

I really like it

congratulation
-sebl-

Post by -sebl- »

I am very pleased with this victory, I really did not expect to win. However, as gachepapier, I regret that there have been too little involvement for this theme.
I hope this issue of June egendre more participation

thanks a lot

a photo-diagram is available on my flickR for the ostrich
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

my congratulations to your second forum challenge victory within quite a short time, sebastien!
if you're going to visit my little flickr_gallery, please leave a comment - a critical one is welcome, too, if necessary: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57625237@N02/
gachepapier
Forum Sensei

Post by gachepapier »

Félicitations sebl, definitely the most puppet-like entry, a well-deserved win !

What is it about the challenge on this forum - is it a dying topic ? For the second time in a row we barely have enough entries to even fill a "podium"... Is this not supposed to be one of the biggest and most active forums on the interwebs ? :(
mes p'tits plis (now also in English)
FlareglooM

Post by FlareglooM »

Congratz sebl.

Yup challenges forum seems to be a bit low on activity. Maybe, if this keeps up, resort to challenges that last 2 months or topics in which people challenge each other (afaik the french/vietnam forum had something like that).
My Flickr

FlareglooM
gachepapier
Forum Sensei

Post by gachepapier »

I'm certainly not going to be the one to change rules etc... - but it would be a shame if this were to die out, I wonder what the reasons are. Is everybody burnt out ? Or did everyone else get a life after all :lol: ?

FYI :
The french forum does have 1vs1 challenges and -after several calm periods- they have picked up quite some momentum recently, not least of all thanks to the moderator of that sub-forum, vincent-origami. Right now there are currently 3 or 4 which are ongoing (I'm involved in one myself).
-sebl-

Post by -sebl- »

thanks
everybody
:wink:
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

I think easier challenges would get people more involved. I must say that the last few have been quite tricky (though it is a challenge for a reason... :) ) so i think challenges with more options would probably do the trick.

gachepapier: Hey, i've been bored lately and have nothing to fold, so if you want a 1 on 1 challenge (though i've lost already :wink: ) it'd be cool to fold something. eh? :D
gachepapier
Forum Sensei

Post by gachepapier »

joshuaorigami wrote:I think easier challenges would get people more involved. I must say that the last few have been quite tricky (though it is a challenge for a reason... :) ) so i think challenges with more options would probably do the trick.
I thought the previous themes were quite open ended and yet none of them "old-timers" were around somehow...
gachepapier: Hey, i've been bored lately and have nothing to fold, so if you want a 1 on 1 challenge (though i've lost already :wink: ) it'd be cool to fold something. eh? :D
We're getting somewhat off-topic here, but now's not the best of times for me to accept your offer; we can have a nice 1vs1 competition in summer as I should have plenty of time to fold then. I've got 3-4 models on my mind at the moment and an ongoing duel as it is. Ironically, I'm not sure I'll take part in the challenge this month :roll:
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

No prob. :)
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I'm very sorry that I haven't been around much recently. Just now I'm trying to catch up with what has been written on the Forum during the last two weeks, having had no time for folding at all. But I still try to approve new posts on a daily basis to enable everyone to take part on the Forum.