Us Against The Paper

Friendly design and folding competitions.
FlareglooM

Us Against The Paper

Post by FlareglooM »

In some views this will be a challenge, though it could have been easily posted in the general forum.
Well let's start with the title, what is that all about. Lately I have been trying to design some stuff and most of it ends up in a nice ball of paper :roll:. This is, first a waste of paper, secondly getting in some cases frustrating. So I thought lets do it differently.

I am sure that more people want to design or are already designing. Some may be good in drawing up CP's, others design by folding first. All of this is knowledge can be shared between one another.

So here is the idea:
By use of a topic/PM's/IRC Channel create designs with each other and learn from each other. In other words "Us against the paper".

This topic at the moment is for opinions on this idea. Feel free to share thoughts.
Last edited by FlareglooM on August 10th, 2011, 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Flickr

FlareglooM
Axel´s Origami

Re: Us Against The Paper

Post by Axel´s Origami »

I´m in.

I tried to start a similar thing on /po/ once, but it didn´t work.
But I think it´s worth trying again.
Argonaut

Post by Argonaut »

I'd be interested. I mostly design with box- pleating crease patterns, but I find that it can sometimes not turn out well because it has few natural curves. I've been wanting to learn how to design by other ways.
Eat. Sleep. Fold Paper.
anonymous person

Post by anonymous person »

I could help! I recently came up with a way of grafting samurai helmets on to things and i'm trying to make a body for an upcoming design called "origamist in hat" It needs to be nonaxial bp to fit in with the way the graft works. I know flaregloom has experience with nonaxial bp (his Valentine, Owl and Rabbit models, for example) and i wondering if he may be able to help me.
anonymous person

Post by anonymous person »

Never mind, I got it.