New layout

Everything you need to know about the Origami Forum.
gachepapier
Forum Sensei

Re: New layout

Post by gachepapier »

anonymous person wrote:The new forum does resemble the French one quite a lot now.
'xcept for the funny language :mrgreen:
mes p'tits plis (now also in English)
FlareglooM

Post by FlareglooM »

New Forum = Win, even though I miss my old layout (just a little though :-" )
Good action against the spam!
And it's probably a small detail, but is there going to be a favicon ^^?
My Flickr

FlareglooM
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

I appreciate the changes. I think I've set my user controls (and a few new options) correctly.

However, I usually get the Digest... Will that function still be an option - I couldn't find it... Or how to subscribe to Topics .... my profile has none listed to check. If ya'll are working on those things, that's fine, I can be patient. Just want to make sure I'm not being computer illiterate.

Thanks,
Hank Simon

Also can we change the language to Texan to satisfy gachepapier ? ;-)
FlareglooM

Post by FlareglooM »

Hank,

To subscribe to topics, scroll all the way down and search for: Subscribe Topic :)
My Flickr

FlareglooM
snkhan
Administrator

Post by snkhan »

And it's probably a small detail, but is there going to be a favicon ^^?
Yes, all in good time :D
However, I usually get the Digest... Will that function still be an option - I couldn't find it... Or how to subscribe to Topics ....
Unsure about the digest ... probably not. We only have around 22 registered users at the moment, and the current release for this version of the board has not been signed off for use in a live board yet. However, I have installed a RSS generator which might satisfy your digest needs.
Or how to subscribe to Topics
Sure, just click on the 'Subscribe topic' link at the bottom of each page:

If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
Crane89

Post by Crane89 »

It's difficult to tell topics with new posts apart from older topics: I'm a little colorblind, and the contrast between light green (or would it be red?) and light blue in the GIF's isn't very strong. So, maybe more contrasting colors like dark blue and light green, or dark red and light blue... it's a just a suggestion for the to-do list :-)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Thanks for making these necessary changes, Saj! It's good to see the forum more up-to-date. The new look will take some time to get used to, but that is a trade-off I'm more than willing to make :)
Trouble
Forum Sensei

Post by Trouble »

i just noticed the quick reply button
i just used it ;P
leung_wwy

Post by leung_wwy »

I miss the Digest.......I am worried that too much stuff will come through RSS.....Can we please have it back?
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

I agree with you about the convenience of the Digest, but I don't think that the new software includes a Digest capability. I've been using the RSS for a week or so, and it is easy to go through.

... However, I think twice before answering ... or making a quick ... c o m m e n t...

Been too many little changes for me this year, and I figure I'll assimilate them all in a few months or so... Resistance is futile.

- Hank Simon
saj

Post by saj »

leung_wwy wrote:I miss the Digest.......I am worried that too much stuff will come through RSS.....Can we please have it back?
I'll test the facility on a local install to see how I get on. Difficulties arise when we need to update the forum software; any deviations from a standard install will prolong the update process.
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
leung_wwy

Post by leung_wwy »

Thanks Saj!
konan767

Post by konan767 »

Congratulation! The upgraded is needed for security and administration.
saj wrote: Difficulties arise when we need to update the forum software; any deviations from a standard install will prolong the update process.
I agree! =D>

But for the theme. The original theme of Origami Forum is always in my mind, it's unique! Hopping it will come back soon :)

I think we just need to change the style to new color, based on the this original style of phpbb3. We can edit the value in css file and replace the image in imageset folder (can be ripped in some other styles like http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/proglass_red or http://www.colorizeit.com/index.html).
Welcome to My FlickR!
TÙNG, Nguyễn Xuân - Vietnam Origami Group's Forum