Stegosaurus paper?

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Stegosaurus paper?

Post by Swapnil Das »

Hey everyone! It's been so long since I posted here... Don't know why I've been pulling away from this forum. Anyway, Alexander Kurth sent me 44 AMAZING papers from all the way to Germany! Thanks again for that, Alex! So, I have a kind of yellow ochre colored elephant hide paper and I'm thinking if it'll be good for Fumiaki Kawahata's new stegosaurus. It's 30 cm. Please help me!
We're all stories in the end.

My flickr Please visit and comment as much as you can!
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Re: Stegosaurus paper?

Post by roodborst »

Haven't folded the stegosaurus but I looked at the diagrams and my guess is that elephant hide paper is too thick too fold. Maybe do testfold first with some cheaper and thinner paper? Welcome back by the way
Swapnil Das
Buddha

Post by Swapnil Das »

thanks for your opinion. :-) I'll give it a shot with my beloved standard paper first.
We're all stories in the end.

My flickr Please visit and comment as much as you can!
myself

Post by myself »

I've folded the older version (which is quite similar to the new one) some time ago and I don't a 30x30 cm sheet of elephant hide would work. I used a 30x30 cm sheet of biotope, which weighs about half as much as elephant hide, and it got thickish already. A bigger sheet of elephant hide could definitely work (as is seen here https://www.flickr.com/photos/49643647@N06/21544806048).
steingar

Post by steingar »

I've folded the Kawahata Stegasaurus from Elephant Hide. Works fine, except some of the paper winds up being under dynamic tension and will unfold over time (and humidity/dry cycles).