Help needed reading paper description (probably in Chinese)

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.

Help needed reading paper description (probably in Chinese)

Postby mkosmul » February 20th, 2017, 7:42 pm

A friend recently brought some nice papers she bought in China. Unfortunately, I am not able to read the labels and I would like to know at least what the papers are called. Is someone able to read the following labels (which I assume are in Chinese) and to find out the names of these papers: ?
User avatar
Posts: 21
Joined: September 24th, 2016, 10:00 pm
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Re: Help needed reading paper description (probably in Chine

Postby Eamon » March 19th, 2017, 3:19 am

I don't speak Chinese so I'm not 100% sure.... but all of the sheets look to be mulberry paper. I don't know what they are called in Polish, but the speckled one is usually called thai chiri paper in English. The other ones with the long fibers in it look to be whats usually called thai unryu. I know that you can buy them from origami-shop, but if that's not an option, look for mulberry/thai unryu/thai chiri/kozo paper. Hope that helps!
My flickr.
My forum gallery. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11416
Constructive criticism is appreciated as well as encouraged.
Senior Member
Posts: 254
Joined: December 14th, 2012, 12:17 am
Location: Massachusetts

Return to Paper

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests