canson ingres

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
LayersofPaper

canson ingres

Post by LayersofPaper »

one of my favorite papers is canson mi tientes. this paper is widely available and is endorsed by robert lang and many members of VOG. i saw online a paper called canson ingres which appears to be similar to mi tientes, but much lighter (100 gsm vs 160). if the paper is basically a thinner version of mi tientes, it sounds like a dream come true. anyone have any experience with this paper that they can share before i order 10 sheets of it?
LayersofPaper

Re: canson ingres

Post by LayersofPaper »

well i didn't feel like waiting anymore so i just ordered 12 sheets lol. i'll do quick review when i get it incase anyone was curious
bflame7

Post by bflame7 »

It might be a bit late for you, but I have folded tessellations before out of 27lb. Canson Ingres paper, and it folded very well. The paper is relatively thick, and is somewhat felty. It showed some signs of fatigue when creased with a bone folder, so I would say don't overdo it with the sharpness of your creases.
A cynic is nothing but a realist with experience.
LayersofPaper

Post by LayersofPaper »

hey thanks. i LOVE this paper. seems to be about the same thickness as tant, but stiffer and excellent for wet folding things that mi-tientes would be too thick for.