Two Tone tissue paper question...

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
Thundertori

Two Tone tissue paper question...

Post by Thundertori »

Hello. I want to make 2 toned tissue paper for origami. But please know this first:
-I do not have resources to NON-Bleeding tissue paper.
-I know how to make Double Tissue using wallpaper paste.

I have made two toned tissue paper using the tissue foil method, and it worked well, but I didn't like working with it.

My question is: Has anyone tried using a different material to glue between 2 different colored tissue papers that isn't foil? I assume store wax paper or butcher paper would get too thick gluing tissue paper to both sides of it. Maybe tracing paper, or would the tissue bleed through that?

From what I've seen, gluing 2 different colored tissue paper together makes the colors bleed together, that is why I am trying to find an alternative to the foil.

Thank you very much!
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Re: Two Tone tissue paper question...

Post by roodborst »

I had the same problem when creating my first double and triple tissue. Maybe you can try this:
Use mc on two sheet of tissue separatly, let them dry. If this works you now have two sturdier sheet of tissue, that you can glue together using sprayadhesive (glue spray). I used to make my tissue foil using sprayglue and the colors don't bleed as much as when you're making double tissue with MC. I haven't tried this myself btw.
Although I really like it when the colors bleed. That way I can create new colors of paper. Something I also prefer is making 'triple tissue foil'. (using sprayglue or a bookbindersglue and water solution)
tissue-foil-tissue-tissue. The side with the two tissue wil get you a interesting color because of the colorsbleeding trough. Also I find it a lot better to fold with, because it's slighlty thicker it acts more like normal paper but you still have the benefit of easier shaping because of the foil layer.
Timoris

Re: Two Tone tissue paper question...

Post by Timoris »

I use spray glue - fast, effective, easy to work with, carcinogenic - fun for the whole family!
Once you get your technique down, you can easily make a sheet every 6 minutes. Maybe even more.
IG : irrational.pleats - Sometimes I post here