I found a Dutch website for tissue paper

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

I found a Dutch website for tissue paper

Post by roodborst »

Today I found a website that sells tissue paper in the Netherlands, 1,95 euro for 10 sheets. So that's pretty cheap. Saves a trip to Rotterdam, that would have cost me 7,50. It's 5.50 shipping costs, so it's cheaper for me to order online. Just made a small order to see if it's good, hope it arrives next week.

http://www.eennieuwavontuur.com/a-26104 ... 8-kleuren/

If I get the paper I'll let you know if it's good. Just wanted to share, there aren't alot of webshops that sell this in the Netherlands (At least I couldn't find them, most of them will have you buy sheets at 50 pieces at a time)

Just wanted to share.
myself

Re: I found a Dutch website for tissue paper

Post by myself »

Thanks for sharing, this is very interesting. I'm going to Rotterdam next week, so I might check this out.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Near rotterdam blaak metro station, there is a pretty good paper store. Harolds. You should check it out. Tissue for 0.20 eurocents a sheet. They also have elephant hide, some nice canson, handmade papers etc. Since I only needed two colors I thought it was cheaper ordering online then paying for a trainticket. Although it's more fun to browse through a shop. Enjoy your stay!
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

I recieved the paper today. It looks good. Although it was shipped in a box and folded in A4 size. Every color was wrapped separate. Didn't have the time today to make any paper.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

It would be interesting to know whether it is bleeding or non-bleeding paper. The colours look very nice.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Once I made some tissuefoil or double tissue I'll let you know. I hope I'll have some time before I go on holiday next week. It seems a bit 'thicker' then the tissue I normally use.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Ok it's 2:30 am and I'm finished making 5 pieces of triple tissue foil using a white glue diluted with water. I've mixed some of my old tissue with the new tissue. It does bleed, but not that much. but I bought grey, light brown and two different whites. It does not bleed color unto your glue roller, where using black with the old tissue makes my glue green, wich is very annoying.
I've made the following:
Ivory-foil-grey-grey
Black-foil-Brown-yellow
White-foil-grey-brown
Ivory-foil-black-brown
Ivory-foil-brown-black (stupid me. Should've black-brown)
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

That's interesting, why do you make two different colours of tissue on one side?
I myself always make tissue-foil-tissue. What is the advantage of having two layers of tissue on one side?
Kyle2952

Post by Kyle2952 »

If I'm correct, the 2 colors on the same side kind of blend together to make a different color (example: red-white makes pink), as well as it stop the foil from showing through in some tissue papers.
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/89546245@N05
Comments welcome!!
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

When you use two sheets of tissue you can make some very interesting colors. I've some nice dark brown and red. For say, a giraffe, yellow on brown looks better then normal yellow.
Because the paper is a bit thicker, it's easier to fold, reverse fold and to make sinks. It also wrinkles less when you fold it and when you make it.
Since I usually fold/design (high) intermediate animals and hardly any boxpleating this is my preffered folding medium. More natural colors, folds better the the normal tissue foil, I make nicer paper this way. I haven't been making double tissue since I discoverd this.
You can make triple tissue with MC aswell. (Without foil). But I can only make one sheet at a time instead of the 4 or 5 I make usually, so I don"t do that very often.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Thank you for the detailed answer. I might try this out right after dinner :-)
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Good luck. I would like to know how it turned out and if you like it.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Hello, as a first try I made four sheets mixing bleeding (b) and non-bleeding (nb) paper. I might try again without mixing but just taking nb. The nb paper I have comes in beautiful soft shades and is very translucent whereas the b paper I have has very rich colours and is hardly translucent at all. Putting b below and nb above, works out better and gives interesting patterns, whereas nb below and b above gives slightly darker colours at best, but the difference is really very subtle. Combining two b papers or taking b paper on top therefore doesn't make sense for me.

The combinations I tried are:

purple b - Foil - black b - light blue nb > This one worked out best and gave an interesting effect pattern
Triple Tissue von origami_8 auf Flickr

dark green b - Foil - dark green b - chocolate nb > Worked okay, but the effect is not as evenly as on the combination above

black b - Foil - chocolate nb - dark green b > Hardly any difference to only green, maybe a tint darker

dark green b - Foil - light blue nb - purple b > Same as above but even more subtle

And all together:

I've made half a sheet of every combination giving me one 32x32 and two 15x15cm squares.

Lets see when I find the time to fold something from them. It is at least an interesting way to create patterned or a little darker paper and might come in handy if the colour you need is not at hand.

Edit: Pictures Inserted