skytone paper in the US

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
al-black

skytone paper in the US

Post by al-black »

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be traveling in the US this summer (centerfold) and am looking to pick up some skytone paper (https://origamiusa.org/thefold/article/ ... 13-skytone).

So I'm wondering if any of the American who read here know the bigger store chains that regularly carry the sheets of the paper?

Thanks in advance!

al
Baltorigamist

Re: skytone paper in the US

Post by Baltorigamist »

I don't know of any "big-name" stores that carry it, but there's traditionally been a small paper store set up at Centerfold. You might be able to get some there.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
al-black

Post by al-black »

Thanks, hopefully they have some. It really is good paper. I located a source in Canada, but they sell by the ream, and that's bit much!

O-gami is just down the way too, I'll have to keep a close eye on impulse spending!

al
gordigami

Post by gordigami »

I have found a terrific source for skytone. Kelly paper, with branches throughout the U.S.
http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php ... ve#p133080
If above link does not work, just go back to main page, type in " skytone treasure trove " in the search box.
The sheets that I get from Kelly paper are excellent ,very large, and inexpensive !
May I wish success to all who cope with the mountains & valleys of Life,
with all its peaks & depths, as well as Origami .
al-black

Post by al-black »

That's the post I remember, thanks gordgami!

al
gordigami

Post by gordigami »

An update :
I tried to see if there were any Kelly Paper stores in the Ohio area( centerfold conference). None found.
Apparently Kelly Paper only has stores in Western U.S. , Calif., Wash., Nevada, Utah, etc.

I did recheck the online store, unfortunately did not locate any 23" by 35 " skytone sheets .
They may no longer carry them ( online) , just the 11" by 8.5 " ones .

You might call the online store, ask them, specifically, if the 23 " by 35 " are still being sold .

The Kelly stores were a bit more like small warehouses, with vast selections of copy/printer paper, envelopes ,etc. on multiple shelves . Maybe another brand store/ warehouse , in your area, might be found.