Where can i buy handmade papers for origami?

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
TootyFruty

Where can i buy handmade papers for origami?

Post by TootyFruty »

And what kinds are there. I know only of origamido but heard about d'o paper please someone explain me what it is.
I seached at google and found nothing
marckrsh

Re: Where can i buy handmade papers for origami?

Post by marckrsh »

Hi Tooty,

I did not see any information d'o papers myself - perhaps a reference to where you heard about it would be helpful?

Here is a link to reviews on various papers, done by Ilan Garibi and Gadi Vishne:

http://www.happyfolding.com/paper-reviews_introduction
'
As you might notice, many of these papers are NOT handmade. Do not let that deter you. More importantly are things like fiber length and thickness. I actually tend to prefer machine made papers - they are almost guaranteed to be even in thickness, and can be cheaper too. Recent favorites include papers from mulberry bark (unryu) and Kraft papers. Happy hunting! - Marc
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

he's talking about do paper, which VOG people have been using. terry has talked about making it available on origami-shop, but it has yet to fruition.

if you google search for "handmade papers," nothing of use will come up. instead, submit searches for papers you are interested in--i.e., mulberry, unryu, etc., etc.
mummykicks

Post by mummykicks »

Hiromi paper, in the us, has lots of good stuff, and you can get 38" wide rolls of it. You can order a sample book that will give you an idea of thickness, and foldability. I think the 33 gsm gampi looks like the best bang for the buck.