Paper size

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
Laxitiviest

Paper size

Post by Laxitiviest »

Does anybody know where I can find 14 cm x 28 cm origami paper thanks I am currently trying to make the Jo Nakashima magic ball and where I can find 20 cm x 40 cm origami paper for the Kade Chan magic ball. I would like to buy it online though and not a long time for shipping.
Baltorigamist

Re: Paper size

Post by Baltorigamist »

That depends on which kind of paper you want to use. But Origamishop has a lot of different varieties.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

paper in such sizes does not exist, that i am aware of--most precut origami paper comes in 15 cm, 20 cm, 25 cm, and 35 cm squares. you will have to buy rolls or large sheets and cut them to the desired dimensions yourself. even the rolls that terry sells only comes in 30 cm or 50 cm widths.
Laxitiviest

Post by Laxitiviest »

I want colored paper not foil or anything
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

For the magic ball you should take some stiff paper like Elephant Hide. Depending on where you live you could find large sheets in craft stores or maybe buy them online. 50x70cm and 70x100cm are common sizes. You will have to cut it to 1:2 format yourself though.
Buying rolls should not be necessary for such a relatively small size like 20x40cm.