Linit Starch for Making Paper?

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
Lephantome92

Linit Starch for Making Paper?

Post by Lephantome92 »

Has anyone ever used Linit starch to make paper that could offer a review? It's dirt cheap in the grocery chain I work at, and I wasn't sure if I should stock up on some. Here's a link to an example of what I'm talking about: https://www.amazon.com/Linit-Starch-Cri ... B002UTOK46
Metangas

Re: Linit Starch for Making Paper?

Post by Metangas »

I found a PDF with information on it through Google, but it didn't offer me too much. It's probably mostly starch with a tiny amount of borax. This means that it's not precisely pH-neutral, but buffering at around 8 which is fairly close to neutral anyway. If these assumptions are true, it should make pretty good paper, almost like MC or CMC, though starch does run you a very slight risk of vermin eating your models, if you store them where they can get to them.
Poor student passing by!
Lephantome92

Post by Lephantome92 »

Wow, I feel like I must've just used the wrong terms if you managed to find all that! I couldn't find much of anything helpful!
Metangas

Post by Metangas »

I just found another webshop with a PDF with product information, googled a chemical name for borax I was unfamiliar with and summarised my assumptions and knowledge of starch use in paper :D
Hopefully I was helpful enough!
Poor student passing by!