It's been forever...

General discussion area for learning about paper, and the different types available.
Acorn Man

It's been forever...

Post by Acorn Man »

It's been multiple years since I've visited this site, or even picked up a piece of paper. I was going to try to get back into the hobby, and had a quick question about paper (because I remember almost nothing). I remember that there was this crazy thick paper that some people really like, but can't remember the name of it. It had water or something in the name. Does anyone know what this is called? Thank you!
I finally got it to say something under my posts!
Kabuntan

Re: It's been forever...

Post by Kabuntan »

A "crazy thick paper" makes me think of elephant hide, but there is no water in the name...
However, it is very well suited for wet-folding, so that's perhaps where your water memory comes from?
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

That's funny when I read the first post I basically wanted to answer the same as Kabuntan.
So yes I agree with the Elephant hide. And just if you wonder, a few years ago they drastically reduced the colour palette to just a few earth tones taking out the brilliant blue, red, green and yellow.
chesscuber98
Forum Sensei

Post by chesscuber98 »

It could also be watercolour paper. It was the first thing that came to mind when I heard 'crazy thick'.
Merlyngami

Post by Merlyngami »

Yeah probably canson watercolor paper, it and elephant hide are two of the more common wetfolding papers.