Kawasaki rose precrease by Kevin Hines

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Dioniso

Post by Dioniso »

Actually. I did not made some strange and difficoult things.
I just stiffered a piece of cotton fabric with starch, then cutted it in a square and folded using precrease metod.
If you read all post in the topic there are many links that can help you.
I have the original diagrams on the book origami for the connoisseur...
Hope you'll manage to make the rose.
bye
Dioniso
sushiduy

Re: which version is this?

Post by sushiduy »

pnpurdue wrote:
naibaf wrote:hi guys... i managed to fold the rose from the url joe e white gave me...
anybody got any idea which version my avitar is? i like this version a lot... i cant find e diagram...
JMck, i like ur version of the rose... very pretty!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think that is the "new" kawasaki rose diagramed by Winson Chan.
I used the Winson Chan instructions but it didn't end up looking like that though, realli nice though
[img]http://home.iprimus.com.au/quocthuy/rose.jpg[/img]
omzig89

A DIFFERENT KIND OF QUESTION

Post by omzig89 »

:evil: Very bad. Bad!

Can anyone photograph the bottom of the rose!?! Everyone is so concerned about the top of it but people need to know what the bottom looks like to finish this complex model! plz. help appreciated.
omzig89

Y'all listen up, cuz I did it right this time

Post by omzig89 »

I dunno, i've folded the "new" K-rose about 10 times now. And I've learned a bunch of tricks to help the model look better. You guys look like u could use some help on the new one - I will give some advice and tips soon. Also, I will put up pictures of the model and show all the different sides of it - I hope somebody will do the same for the "old" K-rose because I started out folding the new one and have no experience with the old one.

look for some help from me soon - AND PLEASE HELP ON OLD ROSE by doing the same. have a good day. :D

- OmziG
TheRealChris

Re: Y'all listen up, cuz I did it right this time

Post by TheRealChris »

omzig89 wrote:I hope somebody will do the same for the "old" K-rose because I started out folding the new one and have no experience with the old one.

look for some help from me soon - AND PLEASE HELP ON OLD ROSE by doing the same. have a good day. :D

- OmziG
and what exactly is wrong with these instructions: http://doftnet.net/?page=3&catnum=2 ????

Christian
omzig89

that guy did different

Post by omzig89 »

That guy did a modification for his own calyx.

However, I looked through the instructions and found that he tells exactly which steps are his own modifications. I still want the original instructions because all the pictures after his modified steps are still, well... modified. It's just a nitpicky thing. Again, help appreciated, not demanded. :D
omzig89

as promised - help on new K-rose

Post by omzig89 »

For now I just put up pictures on my website. I will soon put in advice referring to steps in Winson Chan's very intelligent diagramming of the "new" Kawasaki Rose. 8)

OmziG's Pictures of the K-Rose
wolf
Forum Sensei

Re: that guy did different

Post by wolf »

omzig89 wrote:I still want the original instructions because all the pictures after his modified steps are still, well... modified
You're going to have to buy the book in that case. The usual origami online stores (OUSA, Kim's Crane) should stock them.
omzig89

Post by omzig89 »

Did I already put up a link to my website with a bunch of neat pictures on the "new" Kawasaki rose model I made with Mr. Joseph Wu's base?

If not, here it is:

New K-Rose Pictures

Take it easy y'all. :D
omzig89

Re: Y'all listen up, cuz I did it right this time

Post by omzig89 »

TheRealChris wrote:
omzig89 wrote:I hope somebody will do the same for the "old" K-rose because I started out folding the new one and have no experience with the old one.

- OmziG
and what exactly is wrong with these instructions: http://doftnet.net/?page=3&catnum=2 ????

Christian
Oh, I like those instructions and i made one - pretty good looking even though the paper got harassed by my sweaty fingertips. Thanks.

I was just thinking that since these are pictures of a slightly modified model, can some one just take pictures of the finished model (not instructions, i respect the creator of the model) from these angles and put em up. I'd be so grateful.

I'm savin money for origami for connoiseur cuz i want that also. Thanks for link.
STOP CALLING THEM PATTERNS!!!!!
THEY ARE DIAGRAMS!!!!!

-- omzig89
weddingplatepoem

Post by weddingplatepoem »

Dioniso wrote:I did a fabric rose using precreases...
If someone is interested I'll tell how to do.

bye
Dioniso
Newbie here, (joined just an hour or so ago) and relative newbie to origami. I would love to know how you did the fabric rose. I sell weddiing plate with a poem that is decorated with silk roses, but would love to learn how to make small roses instead of using store bought sometimes expensive flowers. :)
Sandy
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

welcome to the board Image

before folding a rose from silk, you should try to fold one from paper. you could either download the diagrams from http://www.origami.com (search there for the rose in the diagrams section), or use the simpler version, that could be found in the book "Origami for the Connoisseur" for exampe here:
Amazon
it's a very nice book, worth to buy.

have fun

Christian
Jorram

Post by Jorram »

Hi, I have this one question here...

I managed to fold the old version of the rose, diagrammed at http://doftnet.net/?page=3&catnum=2
(thanks for that link :))

Then, while developing something stem-like, i decided to give a try to a calyx-stem-leaf composition that you can find here: http://www.geocities.com/foldroses/

However i really cant get the leaf to attach to the stem. It is supposed to form a slot at the base that must fit the central ridge of the stem and thus you can slide the leaf on the stem. However, if i got it right, this slot is triangular, i.e. it is deep in the base but gets more and more shallow towards the end of the small attachment part. In my experience, this completely prevented the solid attachment of the leaf and the stem.

Has anyone managed to fold and assemble that correctly? Any hints?
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Fold the Leave without step 6 of the fotos, so it holds together very well.
Jorram

Post by Jorram »

I didn't do it originally (as I couldnt really figure out why was it needed), but this didn't really make it easier :roll: how does it hold steady for you? i have a feeling something in my final folds is wrong, because his leaf's base part doesn't really look like mine, i mean the part around the inverse folds (that form the attaching part) is broader and different form with me