Kawasaki rose precrease by Kevin Hines

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
moki

Re: A DIFFERENT KIND OF QUESTION

Post by moki »

omzig89 wrote::evil: Very bad. Bad!

Can anyone photograph the bottom of the rose!?! Everyone is so concerned about the top of it but people need to know what the bottom looks like to finish this complex model! plz. help appreciated.
Here you go... (note, this is the bottom of the new, more complex rose, not the model from "Origami for the Connoisseur")

The top of the same rose pictured above can be found here
moki

Post by moki »

I don't suppose there is any funky pre-crease shortcut for the new Kawasaki rose, is there? I love the results of the model, but it certainly does take a bit of folding...
origami_8
Administrator

Re: A DIFFERENT KIND OF QUESTION

Post by origami_8 »

moki wrote:
omzig89 wrote::evil: Very bad. Bad!

Can anyone photograph the bottom of the rose!?! Everyone is so concerned about the top of it but people need to know what the bottom looks like to finish this complex model! plz. help appreciated.
Here you go... (note, this is the bottom of the new, more complex rose, not the model from "Origami for the Connoisseur")
You are funny moki, do you know? omzig89 wrote that he can fold the new one but doesn´t know how the old one works. He postet pictures of the underside of the new rose as well, so your posting won´t be helpful.
snowkitty

Post by snowkitty »

(Directed by a mod from my original thread viewtopic.php?t=7023&start=0&postdays=0 ... highlight=)

I did read this thread, but I'm still confused. :( Plus the link in the first post is broken.
lipan

Post by lipan »

marjek

Re: Kawasaki rose precrease by Kevin Hines

Post by marjek »

Hi,

I'm trying to make a Kawasaki rose with alternative precrease method by Kevin Hines (using this sequence: http://anools-origami.tripod.com/downlo ... -krose.pdf) to reduce folds, but i don't understand how to make a kawasaki twist fold after i'm finished with this precreases. So i don't know how to finish model correctly. It just says "Collapse and finish model as usual". But to me, there are missing some folds wich i usually use for making a kawasaki twist and then do the collapses, so i'm really confused.

Can someone help me please?
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

You actually don't need to make a twist fold. First of, pop up the paper that is below the creases that expand from the middle outwards making a curve. Then slightly push the sides of the model together to get into a more defined shape. Start collapsing on one of the four sides using the existing creases, then do the next one and so on until you are finished. At the end lock the bottom by folding the four tabs over each other. You should fold it from very heavy paper that remembers creases well. It will all fall into place almost by itself.
marjek

Post by marjek »

Thank you!

Now it makes sense to me. And i see the little square rotating as i pop up the creases you said and pushing them. Maybe i didn't get into big troubles if wouldn't fold it from a square 3x3cm first :-), as i love doing miniatures and i'm lazy to do the big one first :-).
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

My favourite size to do it, is 9x9cm, 3x3 is possible but for a first try I would use a paper of decent size.
One more tip, if you do step 6 in the opposite direction (mountain fold versus valley) you'll get an additional leaf on each side in the end.