HJ Rex by Jason Ku

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
monkeyboyhero

HJ Rex by Jason Ku

Post by monkeyboyhero »

I am trying to fold the HJ Rex by Jason Ku in Tanteidan 21 and am completely stuck by a few steps

It's mainly 72 and 73. 72 says "petal fold on existing creases", which I thought I'd got right, but then 73 and 74 don't collapse properly, so I must be getting something wrong.

I also don't really get 73, you need to adjust the front pleat but not all the way round...very confusing

This whole sequence is just immensely frustrating so any help would really be appreciated!

Thanks!
franz

Re: HJ Rex by Jason Ku

Post by franz »

hi,

I tried to fold it some days ago, up to 171, just to discover that 30 x 30 cm is to small ...

but I´ve folded it some times ago out of 70 x 070 cm.

you can´t look at the steps separately, it is more like "fold from 71 to 75, the steps inbetween are in progress".

you do have all the necessary creases, but I also had to fumble a little bit to find the solution. I`ll make some pictures in the next days - there is a very nice "folding solution" (well, looking at it afterwards :) ). maybe, in the meantime, if you have started from a small square, you can fold a model out of a bigger one up to step 71.
franz
monkeyboyhero

Post by monkeyboyhero »

Great, thank you!

I was using 30 x 30, I knew it would be too small but hoped I would still be able to "get" what I needed to do. But I couldn't!

If you could make some pictures that would be brilliant!
franz

Post by franz »

have you received my pm? I´m not sure, since it is still in the outbox, but with the text "sent"...
franz
Tankoda

Post by Tankoda »

I have folded the HJ Rex several times - its a great model. I had trouble the first time or so on those steps as well. The model won't lie flat starting at step 71 to step 75. 72 is the petal fold at the top, and then you have to compensate by shifting layers as well in the later steps, and then you can bring the rest of the paper up, if I remember correctly. Looking at the CP might help. Next time I fold it, I will take some pics. Good luck!
Aydinov

Post by Aydinov »

Hi friend. I want to fold this HJ rex. But cant make step 127. It is not same as 125 and 126. Please help me. Thanks
franz

Post by franz »

if I remember correctly (and looking at the diagram), 127 is like 126 and 125 ...

a little bit of fumbling around is necessary, since it is not a simple "in and out" (126 and 125 are not simple either), but it should work. if your model is like in step 124, there should not be any "locked" layers, so that you can perform 125, 126 and 127.

do you have any locked layers, so that you can´t perform 127 ?
franz