Tancho Zuru

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
vicatyx

Tancho Zuru

Post by vicatyx »

Hi,

I'm an intermediate at origami, but I've been struggling with a model for some time. I'm moving abroad in a few months, and I promised my best friend an intricate origami bird. Finding the "Tancho Zuru" model online, I knew I had to complete this. Alas, I've been working on this model off and on for a year (life gets busy!), and I haven't had much luck. If anyone would be so kind to help, (or even make a Youtube video of how you made the model -- I'd buy your lunch and coffee!), I would forever, forever be in your debt! :)

The model is Tancho Zuru, and the crease pattern is on page 158 of Origami for Interpreters (I can send a PM of the crease diagram!), and also diagramed here https://www.origami-shop.com/images/Ima ... -study.pdf.

I tried the url link first, and the easy step I fail at is just step 5. Every time I try to collapse this, the ends don't meet symmetrically, most likely because since there isn't a clear fold to make, I make the creases somewhat arbitrarily on step 5.

Let me know if you can assist. :)
origami_8
Administrator

Re: Tancho Zuru

Post by origami_8 »

Start by making the mountain fold on the left. Bring this fold to the middle line. Bring the lowermost of the upper horizontal lines to the middle line. Unfold an repeat on the right, then refold the left side.
Hope that helps.

Edit: Made a video showing one side.

vicatyx

Post by vicatyx »

Hi!
This helps immensely! I'm having some trouble at step 13. I'm not sure where the extra flap comes from at step 15.

Entschuldigen, mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut. Ich schätze deine Hilfe.
(Das ist alles, dass ich habe!)

If you have a btc wallet, I'm happy to donate!
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I'm glad I could help.
If you want to donate, you can donate to keep the Forum up and running at http://snkhan.co.uk/donate.php
Sajid will surely be happy about every donation he gets.