Dinosaur skeleton - Nguyen Minh Duc

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
noneuclidean

Dinosaur skeleton - Nguyen Minh Duc

Post by noneuclidean »

CP in VOG 2.

I've worked out how to fold all of the model except for the head. Can somebody post photos on how to shape the head from the base?
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Re: Dinosaur skeleton - Nguyen Minh Duc

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

Yes, I am also having the same problem!!!
It's also unclear how to "attach" the head to the neck.
Please, if somebody could help noneuclidian they would be helping me out a great deal also.
Easty666

Post by Easty666 »

noneuclidean wrote:CP in VOG 2.

I've worked out how to fold all of the model except for the head. Can somebody post photos on how to shape the head from the base?
I see that you figured it out from your post on reddit... could you help me out? Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk
mjonathanyu

Post by mjonathanyu »

I'm sorry if this isn't helpful, as it has been a long while since I folded the model. I too struggled with shaping the head, but managed to find a semi-decent method.

If I remember correctly, the longer flap used for the top of the skull needs to be mountain folded back at an angle to form the eye socket (you can see this clearly from pictures of other people's folds). Then, the layers of the top and bottom jaw can both be shaped (to make a more 3D jaw), spread slightly, and pulled back (here, "back" refers to further into the mouth/throat, as if it were a real skull). The separation of these layers allows for "rows" of teeth that can be further shaped to be pointy.

As for the head to neck connection, mine did not turn out very nice, so hopefully somebody else can help.