Petr Struchly Reference fold

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Andre-4

Petr Struchly Reference fold

Post by Andre-4 »

....im posting but i know no one will reply Reference fold magazine only did 2 copies ...
The Shark is suppose to be step by step but assumes too much.
I cant get past the reverse folds on the border tuck because whoever drew this didnt indicate hidden lines so im left to guess. And my paper is limited
here is a memo of where i am stuck...
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Re: Petr Struchly Reference fold

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

The reason why no one will reply is because you are so vague nobody knows how to help you.
Please tell us:
The author of the model
The name of the model
Where you're getting your instructions from.
What step you're on
Any photos
The more information you post the more likely somebody can and will help you. Right now all we know is you're folding a shark.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Exactly what NeverCeaseToCrease said. Some of the information we need to help you is hidden in your post but for example the very important part where you are stuck on is missing. Instead of some random mumbling that's really hard to decipher, your post should look like this:
I'm stuck on step xx of the shark by Petr Stuchly from the magazin "Reference Fold #1" (free download on https://www.origami-shop.com/en/referen ... -1599.html).
It seems some hidden lines are missing.
Here is picture of what I have so far. (Insert picture)
Any help appreciated.
So the important information we need is: Step, Model, Author, Source, exact description of your problem.
oz

Post by oz »

Andre-4 wrote:I cant get past the reverse folds on the border tuck because whoever drew this didnt indicate hidden lines so im left to guess. And my paper is limited
I folded the model to see if I could figure out where you might be stuck, which I'm assuming is either step 11 or 22. Please try to be more clear with future requests, as I'm not confident that either of these steps are what you're having trouble with. (Thank you for the diagram link, Anna!)

On step 11, the top of the reverse fold is going to wind up being a small open sink. Ultimately, it doesn't matter how neatly you do this step; it will be hidden beneath/inside the model. What is important here is that you shape the fins to look good.

On step 22, the paper you're looking for is tucked inside the model. The secondary dorsal fin (the one on top) is created in step 2/3, and the pelvic fins (the two on bottom) are created in step 4 with the tiny reverse folds

In the end, it's a very clever model that makes very good use of the paper. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

That's more than i anticipated.I'm really chuffed since i can get back to folding at last.I'll take your suggestions into consideration
.i was hungover when i wrote that plea.
You're both way ahead of where I was stuck...isn't it ridiculous i couldn't get past step 3-4.
oz

Post by oz »

No worries :)

The reverse folds on the corners are right angles, so they should be flush with the raw edges. An example: the left-most one

Let me know if this helps! Good luck!