harp seal pup quentin trollop

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
agedgent76plus

harp seal pup quentin trollop

Post by agedgent76plus »

I cannot see how the coloer change to blue happens on utube about 16.06 on the upper right side,i can only get white,please help , agedgent76plus.
oz

Re: harp seal pup quentin trollop

Post by oz »

agedgent74plus, if you would please post the video link you're referencing, I'll be able to help you out, otherwise I'd just be guessing.

Alternatively, for a good quality video of Trollip's Harp Seal Pup, you can go here, where Ms. Sara Adams gives a clear video describing how to construct the pup. If this is the video you are using, please let me know and I can help you out.

Hopefully this will help; if not, please either post the URL to the video you're referencing, or reference the time from the video I linked.
agedgent76plus

Post by agedgent76plus »

Hi oz thanks for a quick reply, and yes I am folding the seal following the video by Sara Adams on utube,but cannot get past,blue change at about 16.14 ,the upper right shoud be blue,I get white .hope you can understand this. thanks again agedgent76plus
oz

Post by oz »

I'm guessing at your problem, but you're probably doing the reverse folds (at around 15:40) slightly wrong. The front should be on the diagonal crease, and the back should be on the horizontal creases you just made. (This will be true for both left and right sides, I only drew the left side here though.)
Image Before
Image After

Let me know if this fixed it, or if you are still confused, or if I guessed the wrong step. If you still need help, post a picture of what you've folded if you can so I can help you figure it out better.

Have fun!
agedgent76plus

Post by agedgent76plus »

Hi oz,sorted out your befor and after pictures,so here comes my real problem , when I fold up this paper about 16.o8, I do not have blue paper,to make the eyes and nose, thanks for any help you come up with,,,agedgent76plus.
oz

Post by oz »

Please post a picture of what you have so I don't have to keep guessing.

Was your paper colored at 14:45 and 15:27?
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

agedgent76plus wrote:when I fold up this paper about 16.o8, I do not have blue paper,to make the eyes and nose,
Sounds like you've "reverse-folded" it too far inward. You're supposed to reverse along the vertical precrease from about 15:11, not push the raw edge until it lies along the center.

But yes, please upload a photo if you want help, I'm just guessing and might not be right.
agedgent76plus

Post by agedgent76plus »

Hi,ahudson,pleased with your reply,my paper is tired and worn and not presentable,I will have to start again,and take more care, no idea how to post a picture yet.