Gaff's BladeRunner Chicken, Kennith Thompson

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
ThestralQuill19176

Gaff's BladeRunner Chicken, Kennith Thompson

Post by ThestralQuill19176 »

Hello All,

I am a step above novice level folder. I really want to make this chicken, found at: http://bladerunnerunicorn.com/Chicken_Diagrams.html. However, I am stuck on step 25. Does anyone know the name of this fold, so I can research it more? Or if someone can help me make sense of the directions.

If anybody does get on the webpage and wants to make it, I think step 16 is a little off. If you make the inside reverse fold where the red dotted lines are, the point is way off. I had to make it beginning a bit lower, and folding more horizontally. Then my step 17 looked just like the picture.

Thanks!!
Baltorigamist

Re: Gaff's BladeRunner Chicken, Kennith Thompson

Post by Baltorigamist »

25-27 are essentially an outside crimp. I don't know that there's a standard name, but you need to valley-fold on the lower of the lines marked in the diagram, then mountain-fold on the two slanted crease lines. It might be easier to fold the top point down along the lower crease line and then fold the model in half. Finally, you can outside-reverse the corner at a fairly sharp angle to get the shape in step 28.

The diagrams are slightly confusing, especially since he doesn't really differentiate between mountains and valleys.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr