Roman Diaz - Kiwi (CP)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Max

Post by Max »

Wow, thank you Daydreamer!

The Kiwi was the very first CP i tried, and i never finished it *g*

I fold it soon and maybe post some pictures of the collapsing :-)

thanks again,
max
Gerra

Roman Diaz kiwi diagram.

Post by Gerra »

Hi all.
I've folded the modell, and started to diagram it. Tonight I will finish the work, and upload after all. There won't be too much surprise, but arranged all the informations together (sink brow, turn over the beak layer, rabbit ear the legs, hide some flaps behind, 3D-crimp the body). I will try to formalize the initial base proportions as well.

It is really a great model, has a very expressive shaping. Was very excited during diagrammize, like digging out kind of a treasure chest.
hrabbit

Post by hrabbit »

Oh cool! Thanks =D
el señor b

Post by el señor b »

Can anyone give me some tips on how to find the reference points?
Thanks.

EDIT I think I got it, actually... The long offset diagonal crease starts 1/4 from the bottom.
Ts'i manhu unerta ot twan ot geifur hingst uto.
cybard

Post by cybard »

I've posted some pics to help on the french forum http://www.pliagedepapier.com/forum/vie ... 674#p39057
Sorry the explainations are in french, my english isn't good enough to translate :

J'ai relu le fil de discussion, cherché des photos de ce modèle plié (rares), j'ai trouvé une photo sur ce site http://www.flickr.com/photos/1000cranes/851520478/ assez parlante au niveau des pattes. Je suis reparti du début de collapse du CP comme indiqué sur le forum anglophone viewtopic.php?p=12613#12613

I reread the thread, looking for pictures of this model folded (rare), I found a photo on this site http://www.flickr.com/photos/1000cranes/851520478/ quite eloquent on the foot. I left early collapse of the CP as shown in the English-speaking forum viewtopic.php?p=12613#12613

Tout d'abord, pliage des pattes, puis un pli zig-zag sur toute la largeur (pli montagne en haut, pli vallée en bas), on rentre une partie du carré sous le modèle:

Firstly, folding legs, then fold a zig-zag across the width (mountain fold up, fold valley bottom), we return a portion of the square in the model

C'est ce qui va permettre l'inversion de couleur des pattes quand on va replier le modèle

This will allow the reverse color of the legs when you go back model

Le modèle replié sur sa longueur, il va falloir faire un pli oreille de lapin sur la patte, en repliant le bord droit sous lui même, sans emprisonner de papier:

The model folded along its length, it will have to make a rabbit ear fold on foot, by folding the right edge under itself, without trapping of paper:

On doit arriver à quelque chose comme cela:

We should get something like this:

On rajoute des plis zig-zag pour positionner les pattes:

We add the zig-zag folds to position the legs:

On rentre un peu le dos, un pli inversé pour le bec, un peu de modelage et voilà:

It goes a little back, a trick to reverse the bill, some modeling and now:

Google translation inserted by Moderator, it may not be perfect but gives an idea of what to do.
Fold the world !
Gerra

I've diagramed it!!

Post by Gerra »

The high resolution image can be found in my blog: gotoandplay.freeblog.hu

Image[/img]
andssl

Post by andssl »

Roman Diaz has made diagrams for this model. The problem is that you can acess to it through aep convention book or bos magazine. Anyway, great diagrams to solve the CP
leung_wwy

Post by leung_wwy »

thanks for sharing gerra

i've always liked the designed but never got around to really trying the CP
Gerra

Post by Gerra »

leung_wwy wrote:thanks for sharing gerra

i've always liked the designed but never got around to really trying the CP
Ye, the same goes for me, but around a year ago I gave it two weeks (I'm not a CP expert) to "solve" the model.