My Free Book, "The Bases of Folding," is available now for d

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Nepafarius

My Free Book, "The Bases of Folding," is available now for d

Post by Nepafarius »

You can download it from my drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YwGbmY ... p=drivesdk

I can't share the images here as they're too large, but here's a link to my imgur post

https://imgur.com/gallery/aa5rvxJ

If you have any questions, youcan email me at josephflemingorigami@gmail.com
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Re: My Free Book, "The Bases of Folding," is available now f

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

Those are some amazing models, thank you so much for taking the time to make this book! I love the poetic introductions.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Wow, you really put a lot of work into this. There are some really great models in there. Thanks a lot for sharing!
Folderp

Post by Folderp »

This looks incredible! Thanks for putting this book together, I'll definitely be using this.
My flickr
I finally got me some mc!
Gerardo
Buddha

Post by Gerardo »

Congratulations! It looks excellent! I particularly praise the poem, introduction and the couple of parragraphs before each diagram. I read it all :-D!

Aside from that, you have some amazing models. I love the perspective angle of Lion and Wolf... so clever and original. The head and general shape of Duck is so elegant... wow! Octopus does look impressive. It's hard to believe you when you say it isn't that much.

So the book is ready, have you already planted the tree? How about having a child? That way you can fool death ;). Is that also a popular thought where you're from Nepafarius? It's a bit common around here.
My awesome website: https://www.neorigami.com
and Instagram account: https://instagram.com/NeorigamiCom
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

The others have already said what I was going to say: it's an amazing book with some really nice models. I agree with Gerardo about the lion and wolf--they're really original. Great job!
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
LeafPiece

Post by LeafPiece »

That is a great looking book, Joseph - very clean and professional. Thanks for sharing it. I enjoyed reading your poetry and bio, too. I bet it's a powerful feeling to develop these models for so long, and then to "set them free", so to speak.
Nepafarius

Post by Nepafarius »

Thanks everyone for commenting!

Sorry for the late reply, but I was busy answering reddit, /po/, and private messages, and kinda forgot to check here. Speaking of, the book is available on Gilad's origami website and is linked to happyfolding.com. Many thanks to both of them for graciously hosting my book!

NeverCeaseToCrease, thank you for the kind praise. The poem is almost a decade old, so I'm glad it holds up.

origami_8, I did put a lot of work in, but if thereareany problems, I'm more than happy to offer assistance!

Folderp, i look forward to seeing how your interpretations turn out!

Gerardo, thank you for reading everything! I was afraid of going over the top with my little openings.

And thank you for the compliments about the designs. The lion has been a consistent favorite, I hope you like it. And this is most 9f my catalogue, so I don't see it as impressive so much as selling the farm as it were. I really have nothing else is stock anymore and it's kinda scary.

Baltorigamist, thank you very much. It's really funny, the lion was a fluke in my mind, and the wolf was a simple edit, but you can never predict what people will like I suppose.

Thank you very much LeafPiece! My design process is very organic and repetitive, so each model get imprinted on me. This book was like giving up my precious friends in a way. I always saw my models as extensions of me, and now it's weird thinking another person may just see a series of folds.