Satoshi Kamiya - Chocobo (CP)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
esato

Post by esato »

wolf wrote:Ok, I'll try and get a third picture of the head one of these days... :D
Thanks! I am looking forward to seeing that picture!
origami93

Post by origami93 »

this is the second cp i have ever attempted, and i'm not sure if i collapsed it correctly. can somebody tell me if this is correct? if it isn't, can someone post a picture of what it is supposed to look like?

front view: Image

side view: Image

back view: Image
nihil

Post by nihil »

Is it ok if I post a page/half a page of the diagrams? I'm stuck on step 36 and 45.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Since a lot of people on here have the book "Works of Satoshi Kamiya" I think it's enough to know that the steps you need help with are 36 and 45.
I'll take a look for you tomorrow (if noone has answered by then) :-)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
nihil

Post by nihil »

hmm...any ideas? I'm still stuck :?
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

A video for step 36 since I don't know how to explain it otherwise.
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y7hGH43sJoo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="300"></embed>

And some pictures for step 45:
Open up the layers.

Make the sink as shown on existing creases.

Sink complete, close up the layers.

Step 45 done.
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
nihil

Post by nihil »

Thank You! :D
pitboss

Post by pitboss »

origami93 wrote:this is the second cp i have ever attempted, and i'm not sure if i collapsed it correctly. can somebody tell me if this is correct? if it isn't, can someone post a picture of what it is supposed to look like?

Mine looks pretty much exactly like this, but I'm not sure what to do from here... I know that those two sections coming down the sides in the top picture are what eventually become the legs, but I can't tell from the pictures I've been looking at how to do that.
choko

Post by choko »

pitboss wrote:
origami93 wrote:this is the second cp i have ever attempted, and i'm not sure if i collapsed it correctly. can somebody tell me if this is correct? if it isn't, can someone post a picture of what it is supposed to look like?

Mine looks pretty much exactly like this, but I'm not sure what to do from here... I know that those two sections coming down the sides in the top picture are what eventually become the legs, but I can't tell from the pictures I've been looking at how to do that.
im also stuck here
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

Here's some help :

Look at Origami93's back view picture. Take the front flap and fold it in half. If done correctly, it should look like the one in Dayreamer's video. Now, follow the video : those are the wings. Next, thin the legs following, again, Daydreamer's pictures as they are accurate. Afterwards, turn the model over and crimp the legs so they form a right angle with the symetrical ax. Finally, fold the head from top to bottom and fold the model in half. You should be able to finish it without any help after this step if you did it correctly.
choko

Post by choko »

hmmm... are the "leg thinning step" photos showing the chocobo from tne front or the back?
choko

Post by choko »

Sunburst wrote:Here's some help :

Look at Origami93's back view picture. Take the front flap and fold it in half. If done correctly, it should look like the one in Dayreamer's video. Now, follow the video : those are the wings. Next, thin the legs following, again, Daydreamer's pictures as they are accurate. Afterwards, turn the model over and crimp the legs so they form a right angle with the symetrical ax. Finally, fold the head from top to bottom and fold the model in half. You should be able to finish it without any help after this step if you did it correctly.
holy crap that helped alot! thanks!
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

choko wrote:hmmm... are the "leg thinning step" photos showing the chocobo from tne front or the back?
They show the front one I beleive.
choko

Post by choko »

crap i forgot how to make the legs.....

i end up with the legs pointing forward... but i forgot what i did next... -_-