Joshuaorigami: Diagrams and CPs

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
endreon

Post by endreon »

Joshua these diagrams are extremely better quality then the ones you submitted to origami Usa convention book. I have folded all the models you have posted, but I can't take pictures yet. The models were not to difficult to fold but the folding process was very interesting. You maybe should make deviant art account so that you could display the diagrams without having to wait for a minute to dowload them. I am looking forward to more diagrams!!!
legionzilla
Forum Sensei

Post by legionzilla »

josh, you now have a flickr account right? Why don't you upload the cps there?
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

thanks alot! the one i submitted to ousa was done a long time ago so it wasn't that good quality.
im not going to upload the cp's because ive already posted a link to the diagrams.

here is a very simple 4 step england flag i designed. :)
http://uploading.com/files/652cm14c/eng ... agram.svg/

if any of you guys fold any of my models, please try to take pictures!!
thanks! :D
endreon

Post by endreon »

Joshua, could you please redo the diagram for your laughing chimpanzee, but with a better quality inkscape diagram so that I can make it, because I am quite fond of the model. :oops:
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

sure, but it will take some time...
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

here is the cp of the crab.
the legs are done wrong though but i should fix that soon.
http://uploading.com/files/ac32m4f8/crab%2Bcp.svg/
endreon

Post by endreon »

Josh I just folded your kangaroo. You should post the diagram on here to. I recommend changing the folding time for the kangaroo because it does not take that long. It is a very nice model, but it does get kind of bulky ( not to nit pick or anything). I am very fond of all of your models and I can't wait until you diagram some of your bugs!!!!
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

thanks for that endreon!
once i get time ill diagram my bugs and put my kangaroo here. :wink:
also i have some news. my malay tapir will be published in the CDO convention book 2010!
endreon

Post by endreon »

Josh where could I get the book, because the model looks very nice and I am terrible at crease patterns. I hope the model is a success!
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

Hi,

im very glad you like my models!
the book is not yet published, but i will update you when it is. :)
also, don't worry about being rubbish at CPs, because i am too!
endreon

Post by endreon »

Joshua, what gives you inspiration to create your models. I have made a few models myself, but I always make them accidentally. Which of your models did you make first?
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

well, first of all you need to start off simple. simple designs and structures.
the more advanced and experienced you get in origami, the more complex origami you can design.
i first think of a model i want to create, then i look it up on google and look at every element the thing has and try and find a suitable folding sequence and at the same time draw rough diagram of it. then if you are sucessful, draw proper diagrams. it is natural to have truoble on a particular model and there will be much trial and error, but it's worth it. :)
also, check out arkive for more inspiration. designing models comes naturally to me, so it could be harder for the less experienced.
good luck!
endreon

Post by endreon »

Joshua, I have designed a lot of models, but I forget them after wards. I made up a squid and a base that can be varied into multiple beetles today from copier paper, but I am not that skilled with using Inkscape. I have memorized one of my models, a rooster and I am trying to diagram it, but it is very hard. How do you go about diagramming your models?
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

tomorrow ill post pictures on how to diagram. :D
endreon

Post by endreon »

Thanks Joshua for the help. Which book will your secret diagram be in? I have forgotten.