Eric Joisel mermaid (cp)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
RollerCoasterBug

Re: Eric Joisel mermaid (cp)

Post by RollerCoasterBug »

I already have one of those.
It is a boy sitting under a tree folding a paper crane with a book open to show diagrams. (one year in design,and am in the process of v2) it Is all made from the same square no cutting. Man do Irish I had a camera.
nosyrb
RollerCoasterBug

Post by RollerCoasterBug »

Hat last part said I WISH I had a camera... Sorry my iPod made it say differently.
Benjamin765

Post by Benjamin765 »

I have been folding complex origami for over ten years and for the past five I have been creating my own. I have always loved Eric joisel's models and would love to fold this one as well. However, I can not seem to get the CP. Is there anyone who has it and could please post a picture of it. Thank you to whoever is able to post it, you will have made my year!! :)
Benjamin765

Post by Benjamin765 »

JumPurge wrote:No. No I haven't.
I try to express what I can with words as best I can, because language is not my best section. I'm more image oriented, and ideas are hard to express in words. So I wasn't putting it off, but flexing myself as far as I could in trying to be clear. :/
And... it seems not to work.
EDIT:
http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/101/fipz.mp4/
There's the video.

Ok so I have the mermaid folded up to the bust and I have the flaps for arms and the flap for the head. I want to mention first that I do not have the complete cp for this model only bits and pieces so I don't have anything good to work off of. Does the rectangle you used divided into 14ths first? Also when I pleat the tail I pleat it when it is folded into 1/3s correct? After the tail is pleated how do I get the "flipper" out of it? I also folded the arms into 9ths to get the five do fires out of it but some how the edge is not flat it is like a corner which makes it impossible to get fingures out of it. Finally the head looks like it is part of the hat design right?! Any help would be greatly excepted! Thanks!!
JumPurge

Post by JumPurge »

I recently did some revision, it't not 14ths. I'll explain in a new post.
It is not, however, divided into thirds. It's rather in 1/4ths. BUT only after the bars on the right are folded in and the parts connected to them collapsed.
JumPurge

Post by JumPurge »

1. 1x2 rectangle (lay it like this [])
1. a) divide by 12ths. This makes it easier if you can't get 11ths. Cut off one on the bottom. It should be from left to right divisions. Make it so it's 1x2 again :P

2. Divide seven of those by quarters (where the head will be, i.e. the top). This will make a bunch of long and narrow lines on top, and wider ones on the bottom.

3. Cut off ten of the top ones on the top. You should have 18 long and thin lines on the top, with 14 being used for the face, hair, arm, etc. Eight on top are reserved. Under those are what's being talked about in the post above.

To make the fin on the end is simple shaping and thinning.
Benjamin765

Post by Benjamin765 »

Thanks for the cp! Ok so divide the 1:2 rectangle into 12ths vertically or horizontally? If I cut off one of the 12 to make 11 do I cut off an equal length on the side to make it 1:2 again?
JumPurge

Post by JumPurge »

Basically :P
OH~
But twelths on only one half. If both halves are elevenths, you get 22. 22 x 4 = 88. So only one half needs to be divided.
If the whole thing is made into 1tths, you'll need to divide those things into 8ths, and that would make for very small upper body with large lower body.
Benjamin765

Post by Benjamin765 »

Ok that makes sense. :) I managed to fold about 5 models from the cp but none of the turned correct?! I really hate to ask, because I do feel lime origami is kind of a perosnal thing, but I am folding this model for my younger sister. She loves mermaids and had asked me to fold her one. I have the scales, fingers, head, and bust, folded really well but I am struggling with the main base. Not the shaping just combing all the parts if that makes sense. Is there any way you could do even the shortest video on folding just the base no detail or scales just the main mermaid base? If you don't want to post it publically you could pm me If that's better. In exchange for you kindness I would be happy to send you the cp/diagram to any origami you would like. This would really mean a lot. Thank you for the consideration.
JumPurge

Post by JumPurge »

I know it might seem daft, but it seems pretty self explanatory on how to collapse it.
hobbestheprince

Post by hobbestheprince »

Probably not for him, hence his post.
JumPurge

Post by JumPurge »

I know, I'm really finding it hard to explain how to in a post without just flat out diagraming it. :/ Which I'd hate to do to one of his models.
Jrik

Post by Jrik »

Does anyone keep a clean cp? Everything is dead or down.
I don't really know what happened to Joisel's website.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Well the main reason for that is that Eric Joisel died. If there's no one there to take care of a website it will sooner or later vanish into oblivion.
devendrakandalkar

Post by devendrakandalkar »

Here r some info on cp
mermaid fold by me, test fold
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQKJi3TlNyx/
Cp
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQKJT1bFxvD/