Nguyen Hung Cuong Gorilla CP

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Benlewisorigami

Re: Nguyen Hung Cuong Gorilla CP

Post by Benlewisorigami »

Dun dun dun dunnn! Karol to the rescue :P
I would rather fail trying than fail without trying....

My flickr :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/89213771@N06/
Mir Numaan
Buddha

Post by Mir Numaan »

thanks again Kafar! you are sooooooooo helpful ;) but please help me with the shaping!
Reqluse

Post by Reqluse »

Hello, I'm new to this forum and am looking for some help with Nguyen Con'gs Gorilla.

The available diagram is of very poor photographic quality after the initial pre-creases (which are properly illustrated). I am totally stuck at step 58, where the diagram from the side view doesn't seem to match the collapsing model and the arrows make no sense.

Can someone please kindly help?
Reqluse

Post by Reqluse »

Hello again Origamists!

I've managed to make some progress (after much frustrating struggle with the very poor diagrams), but am now stuck at step 102-105 which depicts the shaping of the thumb. I note the diagram shared earlier regarding the fingers, but this precedes those steps.

dev1983

Post by dev1983 »

My attempt of gorilla

ru image host
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

Reqluse wrote:Hello again Origamists!

I've managed to make some progress (after much frustrating struggle with the very poor diagrams), but am now stuck at step 102-105 which depicts the shaping of the thumb. I note the diagram shared earlier regarding the fingers, but this precedes those steps.

I'm not sure where the original diagrams are published, all I could find is a crappy scan on a filesharing site. Hope it's the same version you're looking at.

Step 102 is a swivel fold, step 103 is a mountain fold, step 104 is two asymmetrical reverse-folds (or inside swivels, if you prefer to think about it that way), step 105 you flip the layers around to the other side of the flap (the dotted line is a mountain fold which isn't visible until step 106)