origami angel wings

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
Bon-origami

origami angel wings

Post by Bon-origami »

hello

i want to design a angel with large and beautiful wings, but i can't find good wings.
i want something like this :http://diysharing.blog.com/2011/09/20/i ... n-origami/ (the angel wing close up). it doesn't have to be that good but just wings like that

thanks Daan
Flame_Kurosei

Re: origami angel wings

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

Perhaps you could alter/shape wings from a complex bird model? Nguyen Hung Cuong's Eagle came to my mind when I saw the wings in that photo you looked at, and I thought perhaps you could shape the wings to the angles that you are looking for...
Example Pic from Shuki Kato's flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/origami-ar ... hotostream
I have no idea how feasible this is--I'm only giving a suggestion.
~Flame
A tiny place to post my things. Enjoy~
http://flamekurosei.deviantart.com/
Bon-origami

Post by Bon-origami »

Thanks for your reply!

I wanted too design a angel with the boxpleating methode and i was searching for a way too make them, like how do you make it? (not shape it)
And can someone help me a little bit with designing? I am not very good in it :oops:

Thanks daan
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

What do you need help with designing? I do a lot of box-pleating, so I might be able to help.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Bon-origami

Post by Bon-origami »

Well i can fold boxpleating cps but i dont know how to design them +how do i have to putt those wings on the whole thing and still use a square? And if you could help that would be great :D [-o<

Greets Daan
dragon

Post by dragon »

I'm not very goo at explaining things, but I'll try.

Start with a square
Divide into a 1 x 32+ grid
Pleat on existing crease lines
Spread like SK's Phoenix's wings but only to a right angle with the unused paper.
Then pull on the paper, dragging some of the unused paper with you, to keep the paper parallel to the unused paper, also to stretch the pleats
Finally, inside reverse fold each feather tip.

EDIT: This doesn't make wings like the ones in your link.
Bon-origami

Post by Bon-origami »

Thanks You dragon but do you thinks you can make some photos because i dont understand it very wel?
dragon

Post by dragon »

I would if I could, but I'm too young too have a flickr account and that's the only site that I want to use.
Which part don't you get, I'll try to explain it better.
Bon-origami

Post by Bon-origami »

From the part with SK phoenix
dragon

Post by dragon »

The best help that I can give you is to watch this tutorial and skip to the part where he shapes the wings. About 1 hour and 37 minutes in. What i'm saying is basically a simplified version of that. Then, as I said, you just pull the paper, this 'spreads' the pleats apart and so you can inside reverse fold them to make each feather, does that help?

EDIT: You pull on the paper that you have left over from following the tutorial until you get a right angle from the unused paper.