Tomokoj Fuse's Origami Flower Patterns - out of print

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
pariate

Tomokoj Fuse's Origami Flower Patterns - out of print

Post by pariate »

Hello all

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. This seemed the most appropriate board.

This book (ISBN 9784416309131) is now out of print and I am gutted. It was on my wishlist for a while, marked on Origami-Shop.com as temporarily out of stock but has now been removed from the site altogether. I've run search after search on t'interweb trying to find a copy for sale, but no luck.

Does anyone either have a copy they are willing to sell or know if any of the diagrams are available online somewhere?

The models in this book really appeal to me and I'm so disappointed that the book is out of print. If anyone has any ideas at all, please speak up!

Best,
pariate
HankSimon
Buddha

Re: Tomokoj Fuse's Origami Flower Patterns - out of print

Post by HankSimon »

It will take you some sleuthing and some work, but you can search the Web for the ISBN number. If you search Amazon, at the bottom of the page are the various country versions. You can try the Japan version, and I believe that there are 6 copies - you can translate the page using Google. You can also convert from Yen to other currency by using Google.

Frequently, England will have some old origami books, as may Australia, so you might try those country versions of Amazon also.
pariate

Post by pariate »

HankSimon wrote:It will take you some sleuthing and some work, but you can search the Web for the ISBN number. If you search Amazon, at the bottom of the page are the various country versions. You can try the Japan version, and I believe that there are 6 copies - you can translate the page using Google. You can also convert from Yen to other currency by using Google.

Frequently, England will have some old origami books, as may Australia, so you might try those country versions of Amazon also.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'd tried ordering from other Amazon sites (including the Japanese one) but it said that the item couldn't be shipped to my address. I've had that before when I tried to order from Amazon sites other than my native Amazon.co.uk. I don't understand why they put that restriction on their sites, it's so frustrating.

I emailed Amazon.co.jp and another Japanese site to ask if there's any way they would consider shipping to me in the UK. I reeeeeeeeally want that book... [-o<
pariate

Post by pariate »

Problem solved!

My other half contributes to a board game forum and he posted on there, asking if anyone could take delivery of the book in Japan and send it on to me in England. He had replies within minutes, including one from someone who said that his brother who lives in Japan will be visiting England this summer, and that he could bring them over for us. Hurrah! Thank goodness for friendly online communities, right?

I've found on Amazon.co.jp a couple of other Fuse books that I've been hankering for, so I can add them all to my basket. I'm really excited.

Now I just need to revise my origami notation, since the books are in Japanese and I won't be able to read any text instructions. :wink: