Irish Elk (?) Diagrams

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
dinogami

Irish Elk (?) Diagrams

Post by dinogami »

Hi All! - Hey, just curious: does anyone know if diagrams exist for the Kawahata (?) Irish elk (Megaloceras) (?) shown on the bottom half of the cover of the 2006 Tanteidan special issue?:

Not sure if I have the identity of either the model or the folder correct here--corrections welcome in addition to any pointers. Thanks!
Baltorigamist

Re: Irish Elk (?) Diagrams

Post by Baltorigamist »

I remember seeing/hearing about a partial CP. I don't remember where, but I think it exists.
If you're not particular about this specific model, Robert Lang has an Irish Elk with a CP.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Augustus Agamemnon

Post by Augustus Agamemnon »

I found a cp for the irish elk by Robert J. Lang. However, I know that it's not the one that you are finding for. But I found one irish elk made by Nham Van Son. It's quite cool but has different horns(they are a bit smaller and are less detailed than the one in your image.
mixmastermarc16

Post by mixmastermarc16 »

2006 tant special edition contains diagramss for hideo komatsus giraffe....and then a sort of detialed explanation of boxpleating design given by kawahata fumiaki. he shows a few crease patterns, and describes the design process. included is the CP for the elk on the cover.
Augustus Agamemnon

Post by Augustus Agamemnon »

I finally found the special edition(I was sure that I had it somewhere in my room) and a cp for the elk is in there. But instead of elk, it is reindeer. But I'm sure it is the model that you are looking for. mixmastermarc16 is right.
dinogami

Post by dinogami »

Hmmmm...interesting! Thanks for that info, everyone! Now I'll have to try to find a copy of that issue and see if I can work out the cp (which I'm very bad at)...! :D