Origami animals and insects

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
jakea

Origami animals and insects

Post by jakea »

Hi can you show me some of THE BEST origami animals or insects that are very like THE REAL ONES? :o and tell me the book when i can find the diagrammes.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Re: Origami animals and insects

Post by roodborst »

Search for insects by shuki kato, diagrams are sold per model on a website. Safari origami book. Animals by lionel albertino. Free on a website. Search for Quentin trollip for a lot of great animals. His diagrams are in various convention books and he has two books of his own. Second one is really good. Maybe the books by Roman Diaz are worth checking out. Robert Lang has diagrams on both animals and insects. The book origami masters if I remember the title correct has a bunch of complex and lifelike insects from varius disigners. Hope this will keep you busy for while. Do note that to fold the complex models you'll need some really thin paper, double tissue, tissue foil or some more expensive handmade paper.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
dinogami

Post by dinogami »

jakea wrote:Hi can you show me some of THE BEST origami animals or insects that are very like THE REAL ONES? :o and tell me the book when i can find the diagrammes.

Um...insects are animals. An all-too-common mistake. :?
jakea

Post by jakea »

And for animals(not insects) that Look like real? (For ex. Satoshi kamiya tree frog, or lizard by chris heynen. (They are very "real"). I watched them you said on photos. They were great but some weren't LIKE REAL.
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Maybe you can tell which models you would consider too look real and we can tell you where too find diagrams. Btw David llangue has some realistic looking animals, and a few are diagrammed.

roodborst
Forum Sensei

Post by roodborst »

Also check out bernie peyton. Book: eco origami

Zdzislaw

Post by Zdzislaw »

I like this gorilla model very much:

and here you go two more: