Echidna or Pangolin?

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
CharlesWallace

Echidna or Pangolin?

Post by CharlesWallace »

I have seen some exceptional models for both echidnas and pangolins. (Lots of pleating!)
Unfortunately, I have yet to run across a diagram for either of these distinctive--and, alas, in the former case, endangered--animals. Can anyone direct me to one?

Happy folding to all,
CharlesWallace
AxolotlBottle
Location: Underneath floating tree bark hiding from the predators

Re: Echidna or Pangolin?

Post by AxolotlBottle »

The only echidna model that I can think of that's also diagrammed is Steven Casey's from the COS 2015 book. The book can be purchased in E-book format from Origami-shop. (https://www.origami-shop.com/en/cos2015 ... -8281.html) I'm unaware of any diagrammed pangolins, though.

I hope this helped! :D
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

About 6 or 7 years ago, Lephantome92 raised the same question. Anermak came up with his own, original model. That thread is: http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7391

Also, I think Lephantome92 put a model in the 2010 Christmas book, which you may be able to get by designing 7 or 8 original and unpublished models to submit to the 2017 Christmas book, depending on current policy.

You can search the forum for other postings, and maybe more info about echidna models.

Note - I am not volunteering anyone for this, just providing a little history that may help or may frustrate...
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

HankSimon wrote:the 2010 Christmas book, which you may be able to get by designing 7 or 8 original and unpublished models to submit to the 2017 Christmas book, depending on current policy.
Two, one for the 2017 and one for the back issue. But since nobody was heavily against it, I might just start to release the older issues from more than 5 years ago.
CharlesWallace

Post by CharlesWallace »

AxolotlBottle:

Thank you for your excellent and timely sleuthing! I checked out the link you posted and saw what looks like a wonderfully challenging model for an echidna. I'm guessing I will have my work cut out for me on this one, but the end result looks well worth the sustained effort.

With gratitude from somewhere in the Midwest (the last time I looked),
CharlesWallace