Intermediate Phoenix Model???

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
Micco2552

Intermediate Phoenix Model???

Post by Micco2552 »

Not sure if this is the right place to be posting as I'm rather new to the forum, but here goes. I'm looking for a phoenix model that's more complex and looks nicer than the very simple traditional phoenix/firebird that I see a lot. However, I'm definitely nowhere near capable enough to fold Satoshi Kamiya's phoenix, nor do I really want to be folding for hours on end for models of similar complexity. (Maybe something that, at most, will only take like 20 minutes to fold? Like I said, not really looking to be folding for hours.) So yeah, looking for something more halfway between.

I found this on YouTube. And while it was kinda cute, I couldn't quite follow at some point. But yeah, something like this is what I would prefer. Any suggestions?
oz

Re: Intermediate Phoenix Model???

Post by oz »

It's a little hard to get a hold of the 9th Tanteidan convention, but if you can, Yamaguchi Tomoyuki has a great intermediate phoenix. I did a quick online search, and it looks like there's a YouTube walkthrough of it here. This model is definitely more than 20 minutes of folding; it'll probably take you an hour or more, depending on how much time you spend shaping it, but it is still very nice and not that hard.

Here's my fold of it from a few years ago:
Micco2552

Post by Micco2552 »

Amazing! Thank you for the link! This is just what I was looking for. :) I don't mind 20 minute folds, even if it takes a few hours the first time around. As long as the model can be folded within a reasonable amount of time after some practice, it's great for me! Thanks so much! :D
Micco2552

Post by Micco2552 »

Question: Does anybody else have other suggestions for intermediate phoenixes? I managed to successfully do this one, but it certainly does take a bit to get it all nice. Not that I regret learning it, but something even simpler as something I can do for friends would be cool. :)
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

http://www.origami-make.org/traditional ... hoenix.php

Here's a traditional one, if you want. It's probably the simplest I've seen.