Blade Runner 2049 Sheep?

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
HankSimon
Buddha

Blade Runner 2049 Sheep?

Post by HankSimon »

Does anyone know whose Sheep this is, from Blade Runner 2049, and where the diagrams are?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27811631@N03/36827689774/
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Re: Blade Runner 2049 Sheep?

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

Movies often use a generic model (often that if folded in real life would require cuts) to portray a certain quality or symbolism, in this case to show that somebody works alone (I don't really know). In other words, that this sheep might not be one with published diagrams.

If you are looking for an origami sheep with similar complexity and quality, I would suggest Jun Maekawa's sheep which can be found in the book Genuine Origami or on youtube.
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

I'm assuming the sheep is a multiple reference:
1. 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?'
2. A nod to the unicorn in Blade Runner
3. A contrast to the uniqueness of a unicorn vs. a common sheep where one is just like the other ...
4. And one point of the movie is the opposite point of a 'common sheep'
Kabuntan

Post by Kabuntan »

NeverCeaseToCrease wrote:If you are looking for an origami sheep with similar complexity and quality, I would suggest Jun Maekawa's sheep which can be found in the book Genuine Origami or on youtube.
It would indeed be of similar complexity, because that origami sheep is said sheep of Jun Maekawa (only slightly-modified on the head to hide the horns).

As a comparaison, here is a picture of Gilad Aharoni's rendition of Maekawa sheep: