Help needed for Riccardo Foschi's Feathered Crane

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
Daten

Help needed for Riccardo Foschi's Feathered Crane

Post by Daten »

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to Origami and already folded few cranes and stuff. Then I found this awesome feathered crane by Riccardo Foschi. The problem is I just can't fold the base from CP. I'm trying 3 hours already and I'm not going anywhere close.

Here's the link to his facebook page where there's a lot of pictures plus CP: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Oricgami/ph ... 2923490544

Any help will be hugely appreciated.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Re: Help needed for Riccardo Foschi's Feathered Crane

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

Welcome to the forum!

It looks like all you have to do is pleat first, then fold the crane like any other square. Then you will follow the photodiagrams to finish the details.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I actually do think that there has to be some kind of mistake on the CP. If you fold a traditional crane as the CP suggests, you get a birdbase with a pointy midpoint, but that's not the case here and speaking of mountain valley orientation, it doesn't really make sense to have three or even five valley folds next to each other in that array. I'd have to fold it to be sure, but the CP doesn't look correct to me.
Daten

Post by Daten »

You are right. Here are the comments from facebook page:
I think there is a little mistake in the C.P.diagram. I think vertical lines begin in mountain and afterwards, valley-mountain-valley...Excuse me if it is not.
you are right! I'm sorry for the inconvenience! I'm happy you have been able to fold it anyway;) post here the result when you have finished it if you want I'm curious to see it!
The problem for me is I just cannot collapse the base the proper way. I tried to find some pictures between CP and this picture but so far no luck.