Dragon on Nicolas Terry's website

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
Visionary

Dragon on Nicolas Terry's website

Post by Visionary »

Hello,

I'm looking for information about the dragon that is at the top of Terry's website passionorigami.com. Anyone knows what model that is exactly? (A search for 'dragon' in the origami db is not very helpful as you can imagine)

And if you happen to know where the CP or even diagrams could be that would be perfect :)

Thanks.
OrigamiGianluca

Post by OrigamiGianluca »

a little search in his website gallery could be surprisingly enlightening Image

http://n.terry.free.fr/models/Dragon/Dragon.htm

beside the fact that Nicolas is an active member of this forum, so why doesn't ask directly to him? :wink:
Last edited by OrigamiGianluca on December 6th, 2008, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.origamigianluca.com --> Fold with me...

Looking for some diagramming tips? Click HERE!
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

as far as I know its an original model of Nicolas Terry himself. so asking him here (profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=416) or sending him an email could help.
TERRY Nicolas

Post by TERRY Nicolas »

What do you want to know about this dragon ?
It is from a diorama :Dragon come with a wolf in its mouth bringing it to its family (female and baby dragon). Then you can see wolves eating a baby dragon a little further. Strange idea but this came from when I need to display my models in the CDO exhibition.

The diagram doesn't exist yet because no clear and elegant folding sequence to fold the belly. Anna & Guerwin folded the model some years ago in a convention and could tell you...
I will probably draw a diagram for my own next book if I'm able to find a good folding sequence.

Nicolas
http://www.passionorigami.com : all the latest news about origami
Visionary

Post by Visionary »

I just like this dragon model and wondered if there was a CP or diagrams available, because I'd like to fold it. But considering that it's not available and my origami skills are way too inferior for even thinking about reverse-engineering it I'll just have to wait.

Thanks for the info Terry and everyone else.

PS: I didn't ask Terry directly, because I don't see a point in stealing his time for a question probably many people on this forum can answer just as well and can do so whenever they feel like it and have a bit of spare time.