traditional crab diagram?

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
crumpybumpy

traditional crab diagram?

Post by crumpybumpy »

in Kunihiko Kasahara's Origami Omnibus, he mentions a traditional crab and shows a CP for it where there are 4 cuts in the paper.

I then stumbled upon this Utube video which i find quite entertaining and mesmerizing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cmsBaHeCNQ

Are there any diagrams anywhere of this crab? I can't use Cp's yet...
Francoise B Halvorsen

Traditional crab

Post by Francoise B Halvorsen »

hei,
This diagram can be found in Isao Honda´s World of Origami ( only the HARDCOVER editions 1965) p 232/233.( crab II) You have two alternative.It is involving cutting ( only the beginning) and the end, for the eyes.
A picture of the final model (which looks like Kunihiko Kasahara´s design in Origami Omnibus , meaning with eyes)) is shown in Isao Honda book p231. (Hardcover)
Francoise B Halvorsen.
PS: Take at least a 30cm square paper, fold each corner like a separate bird base, you will have a figure which looks like a a four pointed star shaped. Then turn the model and make mountain folds of the creases of the bird bases.
Fold together the model to get four bird bases joined together. the result will be will a base ( bird base )of several layers).After that you fold everything like for a crane, not need to cut ...Sorry, I know it is very difficult to follow without diagram. I will try a fold it again and put a picture in the database.